Support Forum

• Page:

Module works on some pages but not any others...?!

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

You can see this on this dev site:

www.drb-holding1.co.uk/

The gallery on the right works perfectly, but try navigating to another page and then clicking on a thumbnail. It doesn't open the image (well, certainly not in FF or IE that I've tested with).

I guess there's some sort of script conflict (?) but I can't work out what and would appreciate some help.

Also, is there any way this could be updated so that only a certain number of thumbnails appear but when clicked on, you can scroll through the entire gallery?

Many thanks,

Dave,
  • David Boggitt
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dave,

jFlickr relies on jQuery. As noted on the extension page, JB Library is required as it loads jQuery.

Your template is loading jQuery, but obviously not in a friendly way. I would recommend installing and enabling JB Library and then setting it to 'enable unique'. That should stop your template from loading jQuery without breaking anything.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. That didn't seem to work, though I may have got a setting wrong...

I installed the plugin and set the following:

jQuery Version: v1.3.2 min
jQuery Source: Local
Enable Unique jQuery: Yes
Strip Other Scripts: No

HOTlogin stopped working (it just froze on the screen as you can see) and the gallery of thumbnails only appears on the home page, not, for example, this one:

www.drb-holding1.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=8

Any more thoughts would be much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Dave.
  • David Boggitt
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by David Boggitt.
Hi Dave,

I don't see jFlickr anymore. Looks like you have another flickr plugin which is also having issues. The problems are the same, the template is loading jQuery and their is a clash.

Wierd things happen anytime more than 1 version of jQuery gets loaded.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi,

Yes, sorry, wasn't trying to mess you about... you're too quick with the support!

The client is getting pushy so I tried another module but as you say... the same problem persists with the jQuery conflict.

Not sure where to go with this one :(

I've tried turning off jQuery within this alternative module but there is clearly a problem somewhere, but I'm not sure what's conflicting :S

Dave.
  • David Boggitt
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by David Boggitt.
I see the same problem as Seth

- have you gone down the route of turning extensions off to see what's what?

Feel your pain

Good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Can you disable it in the template? That is where the issue is coming from I think.

The template is probably not loading jQuery in no-conflict mode, so it does not 'play nice' with other jQuery scripts. Unless it is obvious how to disable it within the template you should speak to YT. There is not a lot we can do I'm afraid.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers