Support Forum

• Page:

Images not loading in Fancybox

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm sure its something in my module setup but I can't seem to find what is wrong.

I'm using the jb_flickr module on my website at www.dc2photography.com. The photo thumbnails are loading just find on the site but when you click them, the module loads the Fancybox overlay but no image.

I've checked to see if I have the latest jb_library and have reread the setup instrauctions but can't seem to get this fto work properly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Don
  • roinuj
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Don,

I think this might be because of a script conflict. The plugin scjqeury is also loading jquery and a no-conflict script. JB Library is already loadiing jQuery in no-conflict mode and I think they may be clashing. Can you try disabling that plugin first? If you just click on the green tick next to that plugin in the plugin manager list, it will disable the plugin.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks Seth.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. When I disable the plug-in "System - SC jQuery" and refresh, the problem is still there.

Thanks

Don
  • roinuj
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
Hi there,

Looks like this file cant be found:

http://www.dc2photography.com./modules/mod_jflickr/js/jquery.plugins/jquery.easing.1.3.js

It seems to be working fine here on a fresh install.

Can you disable the easing effect perhaps to see if that works?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I also noticed for some reason there were 2 directories for jb_flickr (jb_flickr and jb_Flickr) for some reason? I uninstalled the module then deleted the redundent directory and reinstalled. I also had an old module directory called Flicker Highslide that wasn't listed in the module admin for some reason. I removed it in case there was some confilct.

Out of the box, jb_flickr still did the same thing however after turning the Easing off , the flickr images now pop up. Thanks.

BTW, when I checked my files directories the "jquery.easing.1.3.js" you asked about is not in the directory .../modules/mod_jflickr/js/jquery.plugins/jquery.easing.1.3.js. Its in the directory ..../modules/mod_jflickr/js/jquery.easing.1.3.js. Could this be causing the problem? If so, is there some coding I need to amend to enable the easing as it would be a more elegant method for the pop up.

Thanks for the help.

Don
  • roinuj
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
Hey Don,

Sounds like a misfire when we did the packaging.

Ill take a look at the easing issue tomorrow. Not sure why it wouldnt be working for you but probn just needs some further investigation.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Just a follow up.

I went into the site file directories and added the directory .../modules/mod_jflickr/js/jquery.plugins/ and moved the jquery.easing.1.3.js file over to the new directory. I re-enabled the the Easing Effect in the module parameters and everything seems to works great.

BTW, is there a way to change the overlay colour? Since my site is dark, I would prefer a dark overlay instead of light.

Thanks

Don
  • roinuj
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
Hi Don,

If you add something like this to theme.css:

div#fancy_inner, div#fancy_overlay {background: #000;}

That will make both the overlay and the pop-up frame black. Substitute #000 for any other colour you like.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks Seth,

Works perfectly.

I also needed to change to the title text as well.

For the benefit of any other users in the future, this is what I added at the bottom of the theme.css to get a dark background, keeping the default white border and changing the title text to white.

div#fancy_overlay {background: #000;}
div#fancy_title div {color: #fff;}

Thanks again.

Don
  • roinuj
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
Thanks Don - glad you got a solution.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers