Support Forum

• Page:

Some images load, some others don''t

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Dear all
happy new year.
I'm being using jFlickr for two years and this has become a core part of my website, www.cretanbeaches.com, focusing on the beaches of Crete island, Greece.
During the last days I've been trying to make some optimization by combining .js, .css, caching, setting expires, gzip and such stuff etc.
Today I realized that some photos in random articles are not showing up, although they used to work fine. An example of a working page (right now that I see that, it may not work in your end) is www.cretanbeaches.com/el/paralies-tis-kritis/paralies-xanion/781-lavrakas-beach-gavdos) and an example of a non working page (in my end right now) is here www.cretanbeaches.com/el/paralies-tis-kritis/paralies-xanion/81-agios-pavlos-beach-sfakia

I really don't now what is happening. Is it a caching bug? Moreover, my flickr account has 5000+ photos and it seems that when I first create a module for a beach with a specific tag, it takes some days to appear on site, probably this is an issue of flickr (?).
Best regards
Alexandros
  • aroniotis
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Alexandros,

Is it always the same image that randomly does not appear or is it a different image?

If its a different image then I think it may have something to do with lagging load times for the script and images but if its the same one then it may not be picking up the original image properly.

This will be a hard one to troubleshoot as it wasnt happening on my end.

Do you have the latest version of jFlickr installed?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello!
The images are random, not the same!
Unfortunately, just now almost none of the images is working and the problem is that I have more than 1000 visitors per day...
Moreover, the version in install->modules seemed 1.1.4, although I've installed 1.2.0. I realised than when I installed 1.2.0 it created one folder mod_jflickr, while the 1.1.4 directory remains mod_JFlickr. I renamed all "jflickr" things in filenames and inside all files to "JFlickr" and the jflickr looks 1.2.0 now, but still some images load, some others do not (I use images with tags from a specific flickr id)...

Moreover, could someone help me do something alternative, as a "safety measure"? Could you please help me add a line in the bottom of the module, opening a new window with a flickr slideshow, so that I'm not writing that in all my articles? Eg if I show all the images that have the tag maridaki and the ID 41589988@N06, I'd love to have a link called "Slideshow" to open
www.flickr.com/photos/41589988@N06/tags/maridaki/show/ in a new window?
  • aroniotis
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by aroniotis.
Hi there,

It is the same for me, all images are loading fine from here.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers