Support Forum

• Page:

Medium size

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I'm using JFlickr module in Wood Flower Template, it's possible change the values of the medium parameter in the module parameter for image size?
thank you
  • Daniela Zanoia
  • 12 Month basic
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Daniela,

The image size for jFlickr can be set to either medium or original size. This is what is on offer from the flickr API. Is this what you were after?

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,

I think maybe what Daniela is getting at is, well this is the case for me anyway, the medium setting shows images barely bigger than thumbnail size and the original setting shows overly large images that can take a while to load - is their some other API from flickr that can be hooked up to or are these the only options?

Of course, uploading a smaller resolution image as your original would be one way to do it, but that's not really the point of Flickr.

I really like the simplicity of this module otherwise.

Thanks!

Campbell
  • campbellimray
  • Free Extensions
  • 1 posts
Hey Campell,

It's been a few months since the module has had an upgrade and maybe the API has more to offer. A few months back it certainly didn't so I'll get back to you on that.
Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Jason,
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Wanted to say thanks for this module. It's the only one that could display groups the way I needed.

I was going to ask for the size fix as well, but was able to figure out how to do it. The option is already there in the script, it just needs two more parameters to be added: 'b' and ''. The value currently labeled "medium" is actually the small size on Flickr. 'b' is large, 'o' is original, and the empty value will display the medium size. Hope that helps. (There's a randomise feature that would also make a nice addition to the parameters.)

While I'm at it, here are a few things I learned from my own experience that would make setup a little easier: the Project Atomic link on the project page is incorrect, it would be great to mention the need for the (very useful) jQuery plugin prominently in the instructions, and lastly it would be great to update the JED listing (I passed this module over in my initial search since it said the project hadn't been updated for two years).

Again, thanks for putting this together!
  • kavaXtreme
  • Free Extensions
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

Thanks for the info, that is very useful. It is nice to see someone posting answers, rather than questions!

It is also always nice to receive feedback, and your points are duly noted.

Thanks.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers