Support Forum

• Page:

jQuery, jbLibrary, and lightbox conflicts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I previously posted in another section but I think this issue is broader than just linked to one template (JB Organica).

LINK IS: www.art-photographs.com/agriortie

I've been desperately trying to get Microblog's LIGHTBOX function to work, to no avail...

JB Library:
- updated to jb Library v1.7.0.
- jQuery source > local
- JQUERY NO CONFLICT NO
- Remove other instance of jQuery is set to NO (otherwise the whole template is messed up)
- Scroll to top is disabled (although enabling it does not show on website

Microblog module
- not the last version (but I tried the last version which didn't work either on top of messing with margins and padding)

TEMPLATE is JB Organica:
- V 1.0. Not sure if you've got updates but I've done a lot of work on it and not willing to update/lose everything, not sure if this would solve this issue either.
- jQuery is enabled (otherwise nothing is working)
- enabling/disabling superfish menu, Facebox or Pretty photo does not change anything
- folds/labels are all working fine.

Thanks a lot for your help!
  • bob2456
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Yes its in 3 categories now :)

Pretty sure its answered in the others.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony, thx for your help :)

Not sure what you mean by "upload the index.php file". It's already online. To play around, I've replaced it by the original index.php from the template's index.php file included in your quickstart package, not working either and messes up with margins and padding.

On the index.php file, jQuery is mentioned on lines 14, 166, 169, and 206. I've tried replacing "yes" with "no" wherever possible. Not working.

I've also tried activating a lightbox from a 3rd party component (ninja shadowbox) just to try my luck > not working. :(

As for deactivating jQuery from the template manager, I've tried that: lightbox still not working and my slider is gone on top of that.
  • bob2456
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
The first version of the template has this in it:
script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/js/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js"></script

Its that one that you need to remove. Its advisable to use the latest template in most cases but this is the fix for the issue you are having.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've tried this, following your previous instructions, but now the slider's gone and lightbox still not working... :huh:

I've left it online with the line taken out, for your consideration:
www.art-photographs.com/agriortie

Also, clicking on those lightbox links adds ".../#mbpopup4430068" to the url but this looks ok.
  • bob2456
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
Did you unpublished something else?

Because before there were two versions of jQuery loading and now there is only one.

Try installing the JB Library and publishing that to see if that fixes the issue.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
the latest version of JB Library (1.7 I think?) is already installed and activated.
I tried version 1.5, 1.2.6 packed, and "none". Still the same.

Deactivating jbLibrary does not change anything either.

What thing I don't understand is that the slider uses jQuery too right? and the slider is working fine... so why not the lightbox from Microblog?

Also, I have another plugin using lightbox called Sigplus but activated or deactivated it does not change anything to the microblog. The sigplus gallery on the welcome text, though, is working fine. I'm really confused.
  • bob2456
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 39 posts
Ok now you have 3 versions of jQuery loading.

1. Remove the one in the template.

Then please create a support ticket and I will set JB Library up for you.

We will just need Joomla login information.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers