Support Forum

• Page:

JB Library conflict (of sorts)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi team,

I have the JB Library installed to add the various bits of functionality for Newstream and the JB Slider. It's all installed fine and on the surface is working perfectly.

My problem is this - in order for the above to function correctly I need to have the plugin set to "Remove other instances of jQuery". This is unfortunately causing my registration component, AlphaRegistration, to be stripped of it's jQuery functions.

If I switch of the no conflict option in JB Library the registration functionality comes back but I loose functionality with the slider and tabs on my homepage.

I have checked via Firebug and when the no conflict option is switched on, you can see the plugin load jQuery in the page, it just seems that AlphaRegistration will not recognise it.

While I understand you guys don't make AlphaRegistration, I am hoping you may have some ideas on what I can do to get around this conflict. I have posted the same information on the AlphaRegistration forum, I am just covering both angles on trying to resolve the issue.

If you wish to view the page in question check out [url=http:www.freshdisko.com/register]http:www.freshdisko.com/register[/url]

Cheers
Simon
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Actually looks like they aren't using jQuery in noconflict mode. The error is that jQuery isn't defined but of course it is because the jQuery library is loading.

If you go through this file and do a search and replace on the "$" and change it to jQuery.

It should solve the issue for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for the advice Anthony, I think I understand what needs to be done. The only thing is I am not sure which file it is you are referring to! ;)
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Sorry thought Id pasted it here:

www.freshdisko.com/plugins/system/pc_includes/ajax_1.3.js

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
As it turns out, that particular file is for JomSocial. As I am not using JomSocial for this site at the present, I have removed JomSocial and any associated plugins and modules.

The registration page now no longer calls that file, but it did not solve my original issue. Back to square one ;)
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Not sure if this will cause problems in the long run.

As the JB Library looks for other versions of jQuery and strips them out using Regx, my solution was to rename the jQuery file that AlphaRegistration is calling. In doing so JB Library doesn't strip out the version being used by AlphaRegistration.

Yes there are two versions of jQuery being called (1.3.2 and 1.4.2) but only on the registration page. My functionality is returned and my home page is intact.

I am testing on my local server and will roll out to production shortly, and then hold my breath!
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Right - but are the template features reduced on the reg page?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers