Support Forum

• Page:

Mootools and Jquery Conflict

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Anthony, :)

I have been doing a bit of reading tonight and am trying to get my head around the workings of Mootools and JB_Library.... , just a question to clarify what I have read if ya got a second or 2....

The problem I am having is a component I use called Ignite Gallery that uses Mootools.

By my understanding they both use the symbol $ and JB_Library is written to overcome this should there be a conflict. I read and understand you cant have Mootools and Jquery on the same page or it crashes or causes unpredictable behaivour.

Soooooooooo..... because The Ignite Gallery is so important to me and another artists site as we are able to arrange my artwork and text and havnt found anything so similar and easy to use (loads lots of large images under 2 sec and one is able to upload and edit text within the component), is there a way to replace the $ symbol in Jquery so as no conflicts occur at all????

My info source that implies that this is possible >>> www.ignitejoomlaextensions.com/common-support-issues/the-big-image-does-not-show-and-nothing-moves

My site link, if you open the image in a lightbox it seems to operate OK but if you browse down the page is acting just a little unstable.... It works but I want to clean it up and learn a little on the way

craig-james.com.au/art-archives/experimental-artwork-2010/gallery/5

After all that..........do you know of a similar component that uses jquery instead of moo or do you know if I can rewrite the $ symbol in Jquery so as mootools has right of way regardless (and where to start?)

Is that a good one to wake up too???? ahahahahaha ;) any advice will be greatly appreciated mate ;)

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
lol hey mate - JB Library uses no conflict so there isnt an issue with the $ name spacing.

I looked at the link but couldnt see any errors. Do you have it enabled?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,,,, hehehehehe

Yeh I couldnt work it out for the life of me.... understand the no conflict but thought there may have been a glitch with the ignite Gallery and Jquery...... thats my problem I do too much thinking not enough reading :silly:

We have 3 computers at home and all basically run 3 diff browsers and same 64Vista OS >>> same issue on all 3 of them

I jst came back from a mates place and it is working fine on his Mac and his wifes 32bit Vista and another person said they could see nothing.....

I swear one day soon I will buy all Macs and throw these over bloated Microsoft peices of shit in the bin.

Anyway nice chattin with ya again :woohoo:

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
I guess the thing is to use firebug to see if any errors get thrown. I couldnt see any issues with the way that the scripts were loading and the slideshow was working fine here for me.

Happy new year too :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers