Support Forum

• Page:

No images at all in Captify

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Shannon,
Most likely it is one of two things, the dots are on the image; or there is still a module published to the same position as captify or the one next to it. You can filter modules in admin by position, possibly it is a module that is turned on, but empty resulting in a wierd display. I did just visit your site and did not see any dots, could you please tell me what browser type and version you are seeing the dots in? IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox, Safari etc...
  • steph.s
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Steph,

Sure. I'm using Chrome. But it happens in Safari too. It's not a part of the image. Also, I have nothing else assigned to the banner position, or to slide1. I have another module assigned to slide2, but it's unpublished.

The way to make it show up is to zoom out. It disappears when it's all the way zoomed in. As I said before, the dots are the first pixels in the text on the next slide (slide 2). They will disappear if I center the text on slide2, or there will be more of them if I add more lines of text on slide2. For a while I had a scroll bar on slide 1, and that created a verticle line of pixels at the beginning of slide2. So, I think there's some overlap of a couple of pixels between the two slide positions, but only when you're zoomed out. It's not a huge problem right now, since I can just move the text over, but it would nice not to have to worry about that in the future.

It does it on your demo site too:

demo dots.png

On the new macbooks, it's easy to zoom in and out on a webpage without even thinking about it, so that's why I'm a little concerned. It seems to only happen between slide positions 1 and 2.

Also, on another minor frontpage formatting note, how many pixels wide is captify supposed to be? I've been searching the documentation, but can't find it, so I've been setting my image widths by trial and error (I've been setting the individual images at anywhere between 234 and 237 wide...I have 5 images) But I find that I keep under or overshooting, and then I either get a white line on the right, or my images overlap the right margin.

Thanks!
Shannon
  • Shannon LeMaster
  • Previous Member
  • 36 posts
Looks a little odd - the site is coming along great by the way :)

I cant seem to replicate it either. Is it happening in a specific browser?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks!:laugh:

It happens either in Chrome 7.0.517.41 or Safari 5.0.2. Both exactly the same - zoom out for the dots. zoom in and they go away.

Shannon
  • Shannon LeMaster
  • Previous Member
  • 36 posts
Hi Shannon,
I actually did get it to replicate on chrome, the dots only appear sometimes when I zoom in and out. I have looked at the code and there are no errors; it may just be a bug in the browser. Chrome and Safari are virtually the same as browsers go, so that is why it is in both browsers. Since it only appears when zooming in and out with the browser, it is a browser deficiency not anything on the web page.
  • steph.s
Okay. Thanks!

Shannon
  • Shannon LeMaster
  • Previous Member
  • 36 posts
Sorry we cant give you a better solution that that :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That's okay ;) The dots weren't a huge issue. Anyway, I have several other questions for you that I just posted, that I'm sure you'll be able to help me with. So there will be plenty more opportunities to spread some karma around.

Thanks!
Shannon
  • Shannon LeMaster
  • Previous Member
  • 36 posts
Cool thanks :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers