Support Forum

• Page:

problems with upgrading the captify content module

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey!

Today is my playing day :)

I just wanted to upgrade the captify content module at my grid theme.

I just installed the newest version witth the joomla installer and looked after the settings.
When I look after rhat at my theme I recogniced that the slider module of the grid theme didn't work anymore. All thze slider content was shown and the slider didn't act anymore.

So is it possible to upgrade the captify content module of the grid theme to the actual one or is this impossible?

I just changed the whole thin back to the original version and everything workes fine again.

Thx for your help!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Martin,

It should be fine to upgrade....

Maybe it was a caching issue. Have you tried tools > clean cache? then refresh?

If that doesn't work, we could take a look if you put the newer version back-up. Let us know if you do. Thanks.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth,

I did the upgrade again, now you can see what the new captify content does with the page :)

www.eldborg.de

Thx a lot!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
OK. I see now...

Can you try temporarily disabling the cdscriptegator extension, and emptying the cache again?

Another thing to try is upgrading the jQuery version in the JBLibrary settings.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth,

I already upgraded the jbLibrary. Now I disabled the cdscriptgenerator, an aweful thing which I will throw away but the problem still exists after clearing the cash.

Now I changed the JQuery to version 1.3.2 min and it looks much better now!
The only thing is that there is a gap between the slider module at the left side, the whole slider is a bit to far right. May be you can find a mistake there, too!

Thx so much!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
Hey Martin,

You are getting there! Try removing;

margin-left:18px;

from layout.css (line 99). That should do it.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth,

this works nearly perfect!
On the "home" page it is perfect, but if I now switch on to another page all these other pages are a bit to far on the right side... :)

You can see it here: www.eldborg.de/island/

Any ideas for that?

Thx a lot!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
ahh, yes.

Ok. I think you should revert the change, as it looks like the slider is getting thrown out by some unclosed div in the slider area, possibly from the JXTC news module. I think it likely that is the ultimate cause of this issue.

See the validator results: validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eldborg.de%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth,

I reverted the changes and I deactivated the xtc module.
Then there occure a lot less mistakes in the css check, but the problem with the too far right aligned slider module is still there :(

May be you can see more now with the deacrivated xtc module?

Thx a lot!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
Hey Martin,

You have an unclosed div somewhere on the front page, which is throwing things out. There is something published to the front page..

Can you run through articles and see if you have any published to the front-page? Double-check modules too.

All the other errors are coming from the contact module. Deactivate that, close the missing div and you will be error free!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Just noticed, you are using captify to full from articles which still have the jxtc module in them, and which still have all the errors. For example; www.eldborg.de/namibia/

Try disabling jxtc site-wide and seeing if the error disappears.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth!

Alright, we got it!

I found out right now that I selected a category to be shown in the captify content that had no category picture selected!
This brought up the whole thing!

Now I have only categories for testing inside the captify content which have the category picture and everything works really fine, also with enabled xtc module!

Nevertheless I will have to look for myself at the xtc module to correct all the errors created by the not very clean code!

Just one last thing: can I change the transparency of the black overlay over the picture that it isn't that black?

Thx so much for your fantastic help!!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
B) Glad it is sorted for you now. Tracking down those issues can be a real pain.

You can modify the overlay image itself, using an image editor, or create one that is more transparent to replace it. The file in question is:

modules/mod_captifyContent/css/blackOverlay.png

The site is looking really nice BTW, it is a credit to you.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth!

I am so happy, too! It is really a mess to find out such an issue, but with your fantastic help everything ist perfect now :)

Thx a lot for the hint with the overlay image, I will change it this evenig!

And of course thank you so much for your compliment! I am just trying to personalize the fantastic grid template a bit and I am very happy with all the possibilities I have with this! I had a look at the pages you are doing so I really appreciate your compliment!

Btw. A big compliment back, I never had such a good and quick support and help in any other forum or club!

Thx so much!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
No problem Martin,

It is what we are here for.

In fact, I was also amazed with the level of support when I first joined JB. It is a rare thing indeed. For me, it makes all the difference.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers