Support Forum

• Page:

captifyContent questions/help

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Everyone,

I have been fooling around with captifyContent and I am not able to ebstablished the look I want. I got the idea of using captifyContent off of this site http://www.newnectar.com/. What I need to know is how did they get the images to appear with ARTICLE links, and also how did they get the caption to resize and fade in at the bottom? I can add a image but it links to either a category/section. Also I have 260x172 images and thats how big the caption is, is it a .css thing? Thanks for any help.
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Did you follow the Captify Content set-up instructions?

If you want to link to just articles, use the Article ID option.

Not sure about your image size question, do you have a link?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
http://austinlinked.biz/ as you can see it looks nothing like http://newnectar.com, but we are almost there. I am using the article id's and I'm still not about to link to articles, if you look on new nectars site you see the small caption on the bottom? How do I obtain that look instead of a caption that takes over the whole image? Really, Thanks for your help. I have been working on this for 3 days just to find this extension, so finding it and getting this far is a plus. One more quick question, am I right when I say that if I added an image to an article this wouldn't work?
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by wellgolly.
Ahhh, OK. You just need to disable the hover effect in the module parameters to get the transition effect.

You do seem to have it already linking to articles.

If you *Don't* have an image in an article and you set it to pick up articles then it won't work.

Seems like float-right sen't you to the right place! ;)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Seth I can put the article on the front page, easy. but I cannot add the caption effect to the images. I have tried everything and to no avail nothing is working.

This is what I am doing:

I add image and link to a article

click on add to front page/publish/save

then I go to CaptifyContent and choose (General Captify Settings)
Joomla Content

Joomla Content Display Settings
articles
no categories
then the article id's

I have tried this so many ways, I'm starting to get bored with it. I have to be missing a valuable point somewhere.

If I add a image/link to a article and then add the article id to the CaptifyContent, nothing is happening but the image is showing up because I did add it to a article, this is where I am getting lost. I have tried both category and section displays but I get a full caption over the image and its not linking to an aticle, see what I mean when I say I'm lost?
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
Seth wrote:
...You just need to disable the hover effect in the module parameters...
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
ok I have done this, where is the caption that I needed in the first place? Thats why I started this to get the bottom line of description that newnectar.com has. I know I have to be doing something wrong. The attached image is what I am trying to accomplish.
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 10 months ago by wellgolly. Reason: image file
Sorry to say I have given up on this. I tried everything to get this working to the way I wanted it, and no luck. The support stinks here. But thanks anyways.
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
LOL thats a pretty unfair comment. Considering I helped you out via email and Seth has been very attentive plus this is a free module. I think if you check the rest of the forum we are actually pretty good (and polite) in terms of support for what most often turns out to be user error.

The module does and will work so Im sorry you werent able to get it to work. But if you enable it again Im sure I can help you with that.

The difference that you see in the page there and the most recent version is a style change that was implemented in v1.3. But you should have at least seen the effect happening on the page.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Sorry about the comment, didn't mean no disrespect. I have been working on this since this morning as you know. I just don't think anyone is getting what I need. If you take a look on newnectar.com and roll over the images in the middle of the page you will see a little caption that comes up from the bottom of the image, not all over the image, not from the top. I have tried everything to get my images to display like this and to no avail, nothing is working, I downloaded JB_CaptifyContent_J1.5_v1.3 installed, and also the JB Library and I still do not get what I am looking to accomplish. I don't know what to do.
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
OK thanks for the apology - its something that we work hard on so when we get comments like that its a bit of a shock.

In terms of the site if you check your source the captify content div is empty so there is a setting thats missing somewhere.

Can you post an image of the settings?

In terms of the rollover effect thats a change that we implemented in 1.3 so you will need to use the version of the module that I have attached. I prefer the full image display which is why I removed it but I will release an update that has the possibility of both effects in the next few days.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
v1.2.7 of Captify Content which as the more discrete rollover.

File Attachment:

File Name: JB_CaptifyContent_J1-20100602.zip
File Size: 22228
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Here ya go, Thanks for the help! I couldn't get the image to load so I sent an email to you, it has my site info.
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
All of the categories on your site are unpublished. I would say that teh moduel has issues with displaying uncategorised posts and the fact that no other categories are available (thats why you cant select them in the module admin) thats why nothing is being displayed.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ok, I got them all up and looking the way they should, I have 1 last problem and I will not bother you again. This is what I am missing and it's the important part that I have been trying to get all day. How can I link these to articles? they're all linked to links like this austinlinked.biz/component/content/section/9.html and I want links like austinlinked.biz/business_directory.html to an article that is already set up.
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
Well thats a joomla setup issue eg not related to the module setup. You need to add a link to the categories via a menu. Whenever you see component in the url it means there is no menu link to that category.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I got this working the way I want it and everything is turning out great. I have another question if I may. On http://newnectar.com they added a title and description under the image and caption, can someone tell me how to do this. Thanks.
  • wellgolly
  • Free Extensions
  • 9 posts
I think they have done that with the section / category description text. If you have Captify pointing to articles you can't do that.

I might be wrong though (it's not unheard of!)....
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Yep that looks like a hack to me.

Its certainly possible to achieve this but its not how the module functions out of the box.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers