Support Forum

• Page:

Captify Content+ Pretty Box

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey there,

I'm trying to achieve something.

I like Captify Content in the way that it can automatically display a selection of the latest images changed.

I have a gallery of images using Pretty Box to display all the images (lightbox enabled).

What I wish to do is have Captify Content used to call the page using Pretty Box, in order to have a preview of the latest images loaded (only a selection, not the whole gallery), see what I mean?!

I tried, but unfortunately, Captify Content doesn't work that way. Any idea?

Thanks!
  • gdep74
  • Previous Member
  • 42 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey there,

I'm not entirely clear on this but Captify only works with articles, categories and Sections, unlike PrettyBox which works with images in a folder. Captify can pick up the images from articles that were last updated but not from an image folder.
I have a feeling there might be a solution here sonewhere but I'll get you to describe what you are trying to achieve some more before I can suggest a solution.

Cheers,
J
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
I have two articles, one with Captify Content and one with Pretty Box. The one with Pretty Box works perfectly, I get my images displayed the way I want. However, the one with Captify Content doesn't work, as it's meant to display the images generated by Pretty Box, but it doesn't.

Hope it's clear enough.
Thanks!
  • gdep74
  • Previous Member
  • 42 posts
Hey there,

A link is prob the best way for us to see whats goign on.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
  • gdep74
  • Previous Member
  • 42 posts
Hey again,

In your article,
www.coulisses-travelling.com/v2/decors/10-decors-paris.html

Joomla actually does not find any images since you are using the loadposition method to load prettybox in there. So captify will not be able to use any images from the article. A way around this would be to add an image of your choice to the introtext of the article with some text if you prefer (before a readmore), and then in the article parameters, set it to hide the introtext. In his way you will not see that image and text in the article view
www.coulisses-travelling.com/v2/decors/10-decors-paris.html
but captify will be able to pick up the image to use.

That's one solution I can think of, hope it is useful to you.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hello!

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, it's not helping in my case, as I wish to achieve basically is having a "preview" of the last 5 images uploaded in my Pretty Box gallery which has many images in it. A good thing would be having an option in Pretty Box of how many images are displayed (Captify Content has got this option), see what I mean?
Do you have any other idea of how I could do this?

Thanks!
  • gdep74
  • Previous Member
  • 42 posts
Ah ok you want to limit the number of images displayed.

Yep I agree that would be fancy and pretty easy to implement it. Ill add it to the todo list for the next release but I cant give you any promises of when that release will be.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony for your reply and offer to add it in the next release, that would be great indeed! Thanks!!

If anyone has got an idea on how I could achieve what I wish to do until then, you are welcome!

Geraldine
  • gdep74
  • Previous Member
  • 42 posts
Thanks Geraldine :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers