Support Forum

• Page:

Make imagecache file writeable

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey,

Had some problems with resizing images. Tried everything and then I thought maybe the imagecache file should be writeable.

Problem solved. Have not come across this in the forum. Maybe it's already solved this way.

But had the urge to report it.

Nice module guys. Love it.

Cheers,

Lesley
  • LesleyAaij
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 73 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Lesley,

Thanks for that. Certainly is a common problem with hosts and is the most common issue with any modules that handle images.
Glad you like the module. One word of advice, if you have set the folder permissions to 777 it is worth getting your host to fix file ownerships so that the imagecache can be written to with 755 permissions. 777 is not the safest permission :)

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thank God I ran into this thread. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the images were not loading in the captify and minimoo2 modules. I would suggest that you mention something about directory permissions of the imagecache directory in the documentation for these modules, so others don't have to waste 45 minutes trying to tweak the module settings to get it to work.

Thanks,

Matthew
  • Matthew Guillot
  • Previous Member
  • 1 posts
Thanks Matthew.

There are heaps of threads on this topic around here. We'll work on the docs. If you run into issues the forum is a good place to hit.

Cheers,
J
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Spoke with the hosting provider and the permissions were fixed in a sec. Is better to work save as Matthew told us.
  • LesleyAaij
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 73 posts
Cool thanks Lesley - just make sure the folders aren't set to 777 as that adds some vulnerabilities to your site.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
thank God I ran into your post, by seraching the threads, so I spent 10 minuts of my time. Funny. when I tried the qucictart package on Xampp - everything worked out fine!
  • anna.haener
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Hi Anna,

Yes, it would do because it is an issue only with the way some webhosts have set user permissions. It is not an issue with the extension itself, only with the environment in which it operates.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers