Support Forum

• Page:

Removed latest article, now oldest won't show.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi guys:

I just accidentally posted an article with a picture in it, and Captify picked it up and added it to the module. No problem as that's what it's supposed to do.

I removed the image from the article to get it out of the Captify list and something strange happened. The article is now gone, but Captiry doesn't seem to want to pull the oldest article back in. :(

So I have space for 5 articles and it's only showing four, even though there are actually 5. It was showing all 5 before I messed up and posted the 6th.

Is there a way I can trick it into loading that last article again?

Thanx a bunch for your help. I LOVE Captify and can't wait to play around with some of your other stuff. It's just beautiful.

Nerf-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Darn it. Sorry! I forgot to ask one more thing:

Captify is set for content, and I've noted the ability to select source categories, but it doesn't seem that I can say, select three categories out of 5 in a particular section, or 2 categories from one section, and three from another. Is that correct, and if so, is this something you consider changing in the future?

Just want to be sure I understand what I'm going. :P

Best,
Nerf-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Hey Nerf,

Certainly sounds strange with the first problem. My guess is that you need to make the cache directory writable for captify.
The directory in question is
/modules/mod_captifyContent/imagecache/

try setting 777 permissions on it. These are unsafe so once you have the permissions set and load captify on your site, you should see the new thumbnail. You can then set the permissions on that folder back to a safe 755 since the image cache will now have the 5th image in there.

The other reason could just be a caching issue.

I recently released an update for CaptifyContent where you can select multiple categories across various sections now. Give it a try :)

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason:

Thank you so much for the speedy reply.

I checked the permissions on the imagecache folder and found that they were already 777, so I sent them back to 755. I have no idea where to start looking for caching problems. I've checked core Joomla settings and found that it's off, as is caching in every other place I can't find.

Any other ideas?
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Have you cleared your browser cache? Sometimes the browser is the culprit!

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
I did. I had no luck with that.

I did get it working, but this is really strange. Please note that everything was ok and I didn't change a darn thing, so I'm really at a loss.

In my settings I had the number of images (articles) set for 5, but it was only showing 4. So I figured, why not set it for 6? Of course that wouldn't work, right? It did!!!

What do you think that's about?

I must have messed something up, I just can't think of what.

Anyways, now that it's working, I suppose it's less of a priority, but I'd love to figure out what happened.

Nerf-

Thank you all for getting back to me. I'm so giving you guys 5 stars. :)
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Nerfherder.
Thanks Nerf,

Thanks for that information, it sounds like even though there is no image captify is pulling the article and counting it towards the article count. We'll look into it and try to get a fix for that soon.

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
Hey Nerf,

Thanks :) This might have to do with the ordering of the articles. If you simply deleted the image but not the article, then the article will still be processed by captify but not display an image for it.
That is what I suspect right now.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Jeremy,
Thanx a bunch for the update. I'm happy this might have been a clue. :) If you need me to try anything, just let me know.

Nerf-

Oh, and Jason,

I'm using what I believe to be the lastest version of Captify (1.2.7) and can't seem to figure out how to select multiple, specific categories to pull from. I'm on a Snow Leopard Mac running Safari (and FF), but I also have a PC. What should I be doing to get that to work?
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Hey Nerf,

To select multiple categories from the list, simply hold the command or ctrl key down while you select the categories you'd like to use.
You should be seeing a list of categories in the captify content parameters.
Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason!

Just wanted to let you know that I am a dooface! I was still running 1.2.5. I've updated and everything seems to be working perfectly now.

Thank you again. Really awesome product(s) you've got.

Nerf-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Thanks Nerf, appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers