Support Forum

• Page:

captify content as an image link with diff caption

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Thank you for very elegant beautiful module. I like your style....

I usually make websites using dreamweaver or flash. The venting spleen is my first experiment with opensource and I respect this new world I am discovering.

I have made a similar caption effect in dreamweaver www.gvart.co.uk

I am trying to add images as links to articles and categories within my joomla site.
www.francesnutt.com/the_venting_spleen/

as on afghan diaries (right column)

I also wanted to create a similar rollover effect on the cartoon box - again the text is different from the section category name.

2 questions
1.I made the afghan diaries image as a whole image and dont want it to appear like that on the article page - how can i do this?
2. Have also included an image for cartoons positioned in the section description, I can only get one of these image boxes to appear at a time. how can I make them both appear?

Also!
Is there a way to change the caption text without changing the relevant section/category heading?

I have also tried using 'place here' module to place the images and links - your way is much more elegant and efficient.

Thank you

frankie n
  • frankien
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I have solved the difficulty.

Made 2 new sections and categories containing single articles with image for iamge link as first page
then read more then real article

then a separate duplicate captify content module for each box specifying only the 1st article of the two new sections

thank you for the mechanism

hope you like the twisted use

frankie
  • frankien
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Hey thanks Frankie - nice workaround.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers