Support Forum

• Page:

sleepless from captify

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi guys,

I am a new subscriber, admirer of your creations and yet, having hard time to follow which good module (from which download) would be a good match to a template..

Here are my questions:

1.I am working with elevate 2 and captify from August template. Apparently it has to do with css in captify. Unless, i am totally missing a boat, but to display 4 different images in Elevate side by side as it is in the demo, i need to create and publish 4 captify modules ? Which i did successfully to display categories.

2. If i am correct and 4 modules need to be published to render four images across, if so, then you propose the width of the image 234 ( yes i checked the permissions and all is at 755) the module isn;t resizing the images, just the css bar on top gets resized. Ok, set the latter aside, i
set four identical images at w 234 px h 150 px and all displaying, however there is a pixel overlay between 1st and 2nd then a white larger line break between 2nd and 3rd, then 3rd and 4th are good. Changing CSS in the module ( like margin 0 8px 8 px 0 is n't doing much for Elevate) didn't change a bit.

3. what is Elevate 2 actual width? I have it set at 980px. ( low, but..) My images are all identical at 234 px each. What am i doing wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

:blink:

Attachments:
  • kikilo
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey there,

In order to have 4 images side by side you would only need 1 captify module published.
The images need to be of a width just under the 1/4th the width of the position in the template.

In Elevate 2 the width of the banner position is 920px(after considering the padding and the margins). So an image width of just under 230px should work.

I'm not sure why the image does not appear to resize. Sometimes it is often an issue with Joomla's cache.

If you have a link to the site do share it with us and we will be able to help better.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,

thanx for your time and attention to this, I have put it online at website-do.com/vita

Regarding Captify in grid, need an explanation

1. if i show sections then how do i publish one captify to display in grid 1, grid 2, grid 3, grid 4
2. If captify is showing categories, then, perhaps a category id's with which section would make sense
3. i didn't yet try to create dummy items with pics in conytent to see how content would be displayed

right now it shows categories

Please have a look and advise.
  • kikilo
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hey there,

You're welcome.
You wouldn't need to publish it to 4 grid positions.

You need one Captify module to publish 4 items to one position (let's say grid1)

If nothing else is published in grid2 grid 3 and grid4 then grid one will expand to use the entire width.

You can view some instructions here.
showcase.joomlabamboo.com/aug09/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=74

The section ID box will hold the section whose categories you wish to display.

A screenshot of your parameters would help too.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Jason!

it all worked with my items in the category, and it needed 234px image width to display properly with right margin.

Could you kindly advise

1. if i can "painlessly" meaning without breaking, change the elevate 2 to 1024px overall and which files.
2. if i can do it, what would be the desired image width of my captify than?
3. regarding banner, i want it stretched accross (i am assuming that banner position would work to 100% if i adjust total template width to 1024, not sure which would be better JB slideshow or pretty slider, please recommend)
  • kikilo
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hey,

If you're targeting a screen resolution of 1024x768 and over, I would advise leaving the width of the template at 980px (set in the template parameters)since the browser viewport is normally a little less than 1024 at that resolution.

If you do want to increase it to 1024px wide then it can be done but there will be a fair few changes to be made to the template index and css files.

Let us know.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi,

I have asked you for a menu left or right the scroller display, because the shown on the bottom is not practibel for our homepage - have you any idea? From the design in the same way as the top (without scroller-modul). Here is the link: www.mein-lernen.at/

Thanks

Oswald
  • oswald
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Hi Oswald,

I've responded to your message in the other thread.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
This is my very first time posting to a forum, so I appreciate the help in advance. I have just installed elevate 2 and I want to use they captify option to display some articles. I have included only one image in the article, and I can get it to show up on the home page like under tester: grooveu.org/tester it says the title of the article, but I cant have it show the picture. Can someone please help? I may not have something setup right because I did a quick start, and it still didnt even show up from the beginning.

Thanks again in advance
  • scott
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hi Scott,

Do you have JB Library plugin installed and published? couldnt see it in your source code, that usually is the root of all evils with images showing in Captify, if not let us know

JB Library Link >> www.joomlabamboo.com/downloads/download-document/224-jb-library-plugin

Cheers
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
I just checked in plugins, and I do have jblibrary published. Is there something else I could check and see why it is not showing up in the source?
  • scott
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hi Scott,

Looks like the pages is password protected now. Best bet is to create a support ticket with some login details and Ill take a look for you.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers