Support Forum

• Page:

All articles are shown in stead of the ones with

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I use Joomla 1.5.14 and installed the JB FAQ on my local test machine.

Problem is that I do not only see the articles with {loadposition faq} in the text but all articles published.

I suppose I did something wrong but don't know what. I followed the instructions and put the text faq in the module at the module position.

Greetings,
Edward
  • Edward
  • JB Pro
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I am absolut beginner - can you tell me- in which way I can post an question for my own?
thanks
  • oswald
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Hey guys,

@ Oswald

The faq module uses an article (content item) title as the question and the article itself as the answer. In order to create your FAQ question and answer, you will need to create an article with the question in the title and the answer in the article text.

extensions.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=100004

@ Edward

Have you specified the correct section ID and category ID for the FAQ content you created?
If you're seeing all your FAQ articles published, then make sure that you have the JBLibrary plugin installed and enabled in your plugin manager and disable JQuery in the JBFAQ parameters.
Let me know how that works for you.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Jason,

Choosing section and category did the trick.
Thank you.

Two problems left now:
1. The first item is shown twice. Once as a FAQ and once at the end as normal text. How can I get ridd of the last text?
2. I want to add text at the top for the start of the FAQ-items. How do I do that (I saw on the site that it is possible).

Greetings,
Edward
  • Edward
  • JB Pro
  • 3 posts
Hi Edward,

1. This is probably because the article thatyou have {loadposition faq} text is in the section or category you are displaying the faq in. Try moving that article out of the sec/cat you are displaying to see if that fixes it.

2. If you are using the loadposition method then you can just do this:

Here is my intro text.

{loadposition faq}

Here is my text below the faq.

Otherwise if the faq is appearing in a module then you can create a custom html module above the faq and enter the intro text there.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Thank you. You gave me the right direction. I combined the two.
The first article I moved to another section and category. And I put {loadposition FAQ} after the text that article instead of before the text.
  • Edward
  • JB Pro
  • 3 posts
Great news Edward :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I'm experiencing the same problems as Edward, but all the suggested fixes won't bite. Everything seems to be as it should. FAQ in separate unique S/C and questions in different separate unique S/C. Still every article is shown.

I can't find anywhere in the plugin manager to disable JQuery. Is it removed, could this be it?
  • Mattias Joklint
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
Hey Mattias,

The JB Library plugin is used to load the JQuery library plugin.
Make sure that if you have it installed and enabled then disable the JQuery script in the JB FAQ module parameters.
The module requires JQuery to work but if it is loaded twice that will cause it to stop working.
Let us know what you find.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hello!

Got the JB Library plugin installed and working, but the JB FAQ module parameters pane doesn't contain an option to disable the JQuery script. I'm starting to think I'm blind/nuts/dyslexic. JBFAQ v 1.1.1 and JBLib v 1.0.6.

Thanks, /Mattias
  • Mattias Joklint
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
JB FAQ doesn't have that option, but if you have JB Library installed (and enabled!) and its not working, then try going to Plugins->Jb Library and changing the jquery version to 1.2.6.

Otherwise please provide a link so we can see it in action.

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
Hey Mattias,

The latest JB FAQ modules don't have the JQuery script loading so that's fine.
Just make sure that the JB Library plugin is enabled in the plugin manager.
You may have another extension that is loading the JQuery library which may cause the problems you are seeing. If you can share a link with us we might be able to diagnose it better. Let us know.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hello!

I've set jQuery version to 1.2.6, and it didn't do the trick. I'm running the site locally on a wampserver (apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.2.4, MySQL 5.0.45) before goning on-line. I'll see what happens when I deploy it and then get back to you.

Great big thanks so far!
  • Mattias Joklint
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
No problem Mattias. You are very welcome :)
Let us know when there is a link we can use to help.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
I've got the same problem: Every faq shows all articles (except the uncategorized ones).

It happens on a hosting account with outdated setup (created by someone I don't know, 6 months ago) and on my local Ubuntu (Intrepid) machine with freshly installed apache, mysql, php, joomla.
on my local machine I have a very basic install of joomla, only community builder, jb library (1.0.6) and jb faq (1.1.1) was added, not even a custom template is used. I have not added any articles, users, sections, etc., only the minimum I need for a jbfaq.

This shouldn't be too hard to replicate :huh:
  • Roland
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Hi Roland,

So its not limiting the articles to just the selected category, which is strange. Joomla is up today with 1.5.15 correct? I don't know what is outdated, but you have the right JB Library and JB FAQ extensions.

Could you describe your sections/categories, and are you sure all of the articles from every category (besides uncategorized) are displayed?

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
on the webserver:
News/Announcements (1 article)
News/Publications (1 article)
News/Know problems (8 articles)
faq/FAQ hardware (1 article)
faq/FAQ software (1 article)
uncategorized (2 articles)

It makes no difference which category I select in the module, it keeps displaying all 12 categorized articles. When I set the faq module to "select a category", it still displays the 12 articles, the 2 uncategorized articles are never shown.

on my desktop: (I use joomla 1.5.15, php 5.2.6-2ubuntu4.3)

faq/faq-hardware (1 article)
faq/faq-software (1 article)
uncategorized (1 article)

It makes no difference which category I select in the module, it keeps displaying all 2 faq articles. When I set the faq module to "select a category", it still displays the 2 articles, the uncategorized article is never shown.
The "show frontpage items" option does work correctly.

Unfortunately the module doesn't display any debug info when joomla is set to debug mode. I'm interested in what sql queries are done, maybe that would explain what is going on.
I can send you a database dump of my desktop database if that would help?
  • Roland
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Thank you for your help and patience, with that information I was able to locate the bug. It has to do with category filtering, obviously :)

Uninstall the old version, and install this one. We'll get it updated in the downloads area as well.

Regards,
Jeremy

File Attachment:

File Name: JB_FAQ_J1-a7430566fa5cf63a59ec6b584b17a39b.zip
File Size: 7136
Attachments:
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
Great! Thanks for the fast fix.

My boss really likes the looks of your plug in, now I don't have to disappoint him :laugh: :laugh:

btw. In the module manager, the module is sill listed as version 1.1, July 2004.
  • Roland
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Cheers Roland :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers