Support Forum

• Page:

Password protected download area

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm using the Lifestyle template and would like to add a page to our site (currently a work in progress) called Resources and within this page, a page called Downloads where users with a password can download a variety of file types. How would I set this up?

One step further might be that the Downloads page might be subdivided into materials for specific classes and each class would have its own password just for its materials (so, someone might have password for beginner class materials but not advanced class materials).

I'd also like another page that's password protected for the management team to view and download things like tutorials, meeting notes, etc. This page might be "hidden" somehow ... so maybe there's some area on the site that's not noticeable but that they can click on to access management page?

I don't want to provide a login page for all users; I don't want to make it so every user would need to create a login to use the site in general. Instead, I want it open to everyone except for a couple areas open only to folks who would have passwords we create at the page or content level, if possible.

Does that make sense? Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Website is currently here for development and demo: www.betterversionofme.com.
  • alaskajen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

You should read the docs on the joomla website about setting up the access control for users. It will explain how to limit content.

docs.joomla.org/Access_Control_List

There are also components available for docs downloads which can help you organise your files such as, docman, rokdownloads, akeeba version control
You can find these on the joomla extensions site.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers