Support Forum

• Page:

template documentation as pdf

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Anthony et. al.:

I wish you'd publish your template docs as pdfs so I could download them and be able to use various search functions within the doc. Reading a long web page is not as easy, I find, plus sometimes the site is slow and getting to any specific page takes time -- instead of just having the doc on my hard drive.

Or maybe the docs are pdfs somewhere onsite, and I haven't found them.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Ive had that on the todo list for a while actually. Ive been working on a mini doc site that is much better organised using Flexicontent that has multiple categories and tagging etc. That should make it easier to navigate. Ill look into create pdf's for documentation but it wont be for a little while yet.

BTW are you still experiencing slow load time? I think Ive fixed that issue.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Here's a start. Images are obviously wrong for this kind of page, but it's better than nothing.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
One more try -- your site doesn't accept docx I guess. Time

File Attachment:

File Name: Powerplay Documentation.zip
File Size: 534 KB

to update those permissions, Anthony.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Oh -- I got confused. I also had to hit insert after adding the document? Not sure why the extra step. Isn't 'add' the same as 'insert'? And on my Firefox, the translucent pop up about which files are permitted kind of floated around and got in my way, and was hard to read.

And while I'm at it -- one more site change, I suggest. The Member Login button at screen top is confusing because 1. it doesn't tell me whether I'm already logged in or not and 2. has no close log in screen [x] or something similar. The way to close the screen is to click the login button again? Not my logic, sorry to say.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Thanks for your suggestions.

I have a rewrite of the site in process at the moment at it will change the way that the login panel is implemented.
Oh -- I got confused. I also had to hit insert after adding the document? Not sure why the extra step. Isn't 'add' the same as 'insert'?

That is unfortunately a part of Kunena. Add means add from your hard drive and then you need to insert it into your post. Double handling I know but I guess they could have used 'browse' or something else like other apps to make it clearer.

Thanks for the pdf too.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
<Thanks for the pdf too.>

Not a pdf but a word doc you can edit at will and turn back to pdf when you want. But word may not be right choice, as I said, your long images don't fit on standard (in US) 8.5 x 11 inch pages.

BTW- I tried just outputting the html page as a pdf, but that was worse.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
Yep if I create them Ill just grab the content directly and split the images up. Prob use pages or something simple like that.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks.

I have a separate question, sorry to be so new at this. Where do I find where to change text that goes on all slideshow images: ie. in PowerPlay 'Welcome to the Front Page'? And where do I find where to edit the individual sub texts of each image? I have been hunting everywhere, but I can't find either.
  • vgoassociates
  • 12 Month basic
  • 66 posts
In PowerPlay, 'Welcome to the front page' is the page title. You can change that in the menu item for that page.

The text beneath is the title and content of the article that is being displayed. So, you can find those articles in the article manager, in the category 'slideshow items'.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Seth.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers