Support Forum

• Page:

Googled yourself lately?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I hope you guys are already aware of this, but it's been this way for a week now I think? Have you tried googling joomla bamboo? Look at the description for the link to your site. Probably not what you guys are actually going for. I'm guessing one of your web developers should probably correct that so it propagates out to Google and the rest of the net. Just an FYI in case you hadn't noticed. Also, I'm wondering if perhaps that means you've been hacked? Something to look into perhaps.
  • Jason
  • Free Extensions
  • 31 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey,
How in the world can that happen? It literally links to this site, yet has a site description that is way off (I assume, unless there is a second line of business here i am not aware of).

Yes, that should be fixed!

Matt
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
It happens because someone changed the meta description of the site I assume. One way is that the Joomla backend was hacked and new info posted. I'm sure there are many other ways it could have happened that I'm not aware of.

But yea, been that way for about a week so I thought I'd bring it up just in case they hadn't noticed. I enjoy Joomla Bamboo and their templates and would hate to see their business hurt.
  • Jason
  • Free Extensions
  • 31 posts
Hey folks,

Yes this is the result of a component bvulnerability and basically a file was remotely included on the site that diverted the content that bots saw when they visited the page.

We have found the issue and its taking a bit of time to clear from the google cache so please bear with us. We havent started a side business btw :)

Thanks for your concern though - its much appreciated.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello i am using a joomla bamboo template and i seem to get the same problem with the google search as the joomla bamboo site. is there a way to remove it. please guide me on this.

thanks.
  • Vinayak Melarkod
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts
Hello,
I don't have the problem we're seeing with Googe and Joomlabamboo, but I do have another issue: my site shows the default Joomla message: "Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system."

I changed my site description several weeks ago, so I wonder how long it takes for Google to update? This is related to the issue we're discussing, because even if you change your site description it seems to take a while for Google to catch up.

Matt
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Matt,

Unfortunately Google and other Search Engines run to their own schedule. If your site is new it is unlikely that the spiders will be back just because you have altered your description. If only SEO was that easy!

The best way to tackle this type of issue is to ensure that the first areas you change on a development site - which is accessible to search engines, is to set the base titles, desciptions and keywords. This way the search engines don't get a chance to store incorrect information about your business or website.

You can go register the site with Google and submit an XML sitemap which may encourage the spiders to return sooner but sadly there is no way of controlling when you will be scanned again. You may also try creating new links into your site, when Google follows these links to your site your information should be updated too.

Until that happens you will be stuck with the default descriptions....sorry about that :(
  • Barbara Rudlin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 59 posts
I have not checked how quickly it updates, but the sitemap submission is a good idea.

I use jCrawler to automatically create and submit the sitemap.xml, seconds after submitting it bots are crwaling my site.
  • Astrophel
  • Free Extensions
  • 166 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Barbara,
Thanks for your response. I'm learning more about this every day...

This discussion is one of the reasons I have come to really like Joomlabamboo. You're creating a great place for templates and extensions, and at the same time you're putting together something more subtle: a community of like-minded with similar design aesthetics and friendly interest in helping each other.

Keep up the great work!

Matt
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
@ Vinayak, not sure I understand. Do you have a link? You can add details to a ticket if you wish.

cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hello Jason,

I have attached the link of the website which uses the Joomla Bamboo template.

cetalweb.utep.edu/

When you google this link you gives some spam message similar to that you get when you google the Joomla Bamboo website. Is there any way i can set it right?

thanks.
  • Vinayak Melarkod
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts
Hi there,

Its actually related to a vulnerability on your site. Id recommend using google's webmaster tools to get an idea on what to do. Also check your htaccess file to see that there isnt any unwanted code in there.

There will be some sort of script redirect that redirects the googlebot but not the usual visitors. Im pretty sure we have solved our issue - just waiting for google to click over now.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers