Support Forum

• Page:

spam from moo faq

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

first I really like moo faq. thanks. I've started to get a few spam mails generated from the ask a question link on moo faq. Any way/plans to stop or work on this.

the ask a question option works well on my sites and generates lots of good questions and only a few spam questions. but if this is a bot I can see it growing to where I would have to turn the option off. any one else seeing this? any ideas for captcha? could it be ported into the cb captch plug?

tnx
  • grant
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I just went back and checked my moo faq settings. it has a pull down filter to allow only members or public to submit questions. end of problem. though it would be nice if the public could take the captcha challenge.
  • grant
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Hi Grant,

Is this the component or the module you are using? My module doesnt have that setting as far as I can recall. I actually updated Moo FAQ to JB Faq but actually did away with the question form.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers