Support Forum

• Page:

Odd problem uninstalling HoverBox?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Yes yes, I realize this is probably a really dumb question.

I'm a total newbie to Joomla and all the rest. I tried to get the HoverBox (latest version) to work (using Joomla 1.5.9, localhost server) and failed miserably. I know next to nothing about CSS and it all just turned out to be way too complicated, resulting in an ugly mess, so I finally gave up and deleted the whole module I was working on. (As I've previously had problems with getting Squeezebox and Slimbox to work properly with all browsers, I've been told by the template maker that there's probably something wrong with the Javascript - however, fixing something like that is far beyond my abilities.)

And now I have a weird problem trying to uninstall HoverBox. It doesn't show up on any uninstall options! It continues to exist as a module option. I really just want to get rid of the whole thing. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.
  • Essi
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
That does sound like a strange problem.

The normal process is to go to install/uninstall --> modules and then uninstall from there. I assume thats what you have done to try and uninstall it. Do you have multiple pages on your uninstall page?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

That's exactly what I tried, and I checked out both pages of uninstall -> modules. I'm sure I haven't missed it - I swear I've looked them through several times again but Hoverbox is just not there. :blink:

Essi
  • Essi
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Yeah sounds strangeer still - If it were Joomla 1.0 I wopuld say that you could just delete the files via ftp.

What happens when you create a new hoverbox module? Does it actually create a new module?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
It just creates a module. Weird.

Oh! I just noticed that if I actually create a module, Hoverbox then also shows up not only on the list of modules, but on the uninstall -> modules as well. But if I delete the individual module, Hoverbox disappears from the uninstall -> modules options either. Is this the way it's supposed to go? (New to this stuff, like I said.)

Thanks for your time, Anthony!
  • Essi
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Sounds liek you might have found the solution.

Create a new hoverbox module then uninstall it using the installer. Its not necessary to delete before uninstalling.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yep, problem solved. Thanks. :)
  • Essi
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 4 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers