Support Forum

• Page:

Problem in IE6 and 7?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi guys,

Thanks for making such an awesome module. I've implemented it on one of our joomla sites, and it works flawlessly in Firefox, but in IE, I get a strange behavior: mousing over the thumbnails causes the last in the row to force the next three down an extra row, changing the layout of the page. Please take a look at:

tekcore.ilidesign.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=42#nogo

If this page doesn't take you there, just click on the "LED Applications" link.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Duane Mathes

Creative Director

ili Design
  • 12qwaszx
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sandworm,

Apologies for the delay ... Ive been out of town for a week and out of internet access.

I checked the link and it seems to work ok in IE6 but IE7 shows an overlap of the whole gallery below the main content container. Have you fixed the first problem in your post? and have you set the height of the whole gallery high enough in the back end?

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Oh, Sorry for not updating this post! I did fix it, but in an unlikely way:

The doctype tag was not before the HTML tag in my index, so it was throwing IE into "quirks mode" and messing everything up. On a whim after reading about IE bugs, I switched them, and voila! Freaky, isn't it?

Thanks for writing back btw. I've posted on a number of forums about similar problems, and rarely receive replies.
  • 12qwaszx
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
hmmm an issue caused by IE that sounds kind of weird ;)

Glad to hear you got it working ...
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers