Support Forum

• Page:

Hover Box 2.14 doesn't display in back end

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi. Just installed HB 2.14 and can't make or save edits in the back end. The installation came up "Successful". Joomla 1.5 RC4.

This module parameter error comes up:

Fatal error: Class 'Complete this field for title description on slideshow or for the tooltip. The correct format for use with the tooltip is for the title of the tooltip to be separated by the body with ' not found in /home/donschae/www/jo/libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 171

Here is how the edit screen appears:

Please help.
Attachments:
  • timhar
  • Free Extensions
  • 23 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Hifive,

I havent tsted this in 1.5. Im assuming you have legacy mode on otherwise it wouldnt load.

You may have to edit the exml file. The bit where the error occurs is about to describe how to create/separate the title and body of the tooltips. with a:

[code:1]::[/code:1]

Try going through the xml and removing :: to see if that works.

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks, Anthony. That was easy. The back end view looks good, except for the description field, which is in html:
Hover Box V2.1 - A simple CSS gallery combined with some optional mootools sugar coated bliss. A simple gallery using pure css to display images using css hover and mootools slimbox, Zoom Box and tooltip effects. This module is based on the work by Stu Nicholls at cssplay.Please take the time to read the faq on the Joomla Bamboo website for more details regarding configuring the gallery. Features:Ö

Öbut that doesn't bother me. (And it looks like Fireboard formatted the html I posted above, so that is not what I see in the back end edit screen.)

I went through the xml file as you suggested and removed all instances of "::".

The module publishes, but since I don't know quite how to use it yet, I'll have to let you know how that goes.

Here is where I'm trying to publish:

jo.donschaefer.net/
  • timhar
  • Free Extensions
  • 23 posts
Hey Hifive,

Just checked out the url.

You need to set some of the default settings for the module such as the first image and alt text. The module is has the old asterisk image from j1 set as the default image but looks like its not in 1.5 ...

If you set the alt tags you may at least see what its outputting.

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Just checked out the url.

ÖThe module is has the old asterisk image from j1 set as the default image but looks like its not in 1.5 ...

Thanks, Anthony. I'm experimenting at the moment. The working site will have to be built very soon.

Yes, the default asterisk populates the image fields in the back end, but doesn't display. And if I don't fill out the fields for every image, it reverts to the asterisk.png when I "save". Then, when you reach the end of the light box effect on site, the effect freezes. Maybe there is more to do to get HB and your modules like mini moo (which I want to try next) to work in J 1.5? Or maybe just lack of understanding on my part.

I'm more concerned by how the user positions get distorted when I publish something like HB in them. Is this something I have to change in the CSS or do they dynamically expand? If you look at the site again, you see overlap of HB with other modules. Gallery was set to 80X80 px. Also, text is not breaking properly in the "left" position when using J's random image module in "left" (see the CB log-in text).

jo.donschaefer.net/

Since I'm pretty new to this, any clues would be appreciated.

:)
  • timhar
  • Free Extensions
  • 23 posts
Its not actually picking up the css file. The link referenced in the head doesnt show the css so you may need to play around with the path on this one.

Im going away for a few weeks today and will check my email periodically during that time but Ill hopefully get a chance to test HB in 1.5 and maybe even port it to J1.5 natively.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
actually try editing the .php file and replacing all of the mosconfig livesite references to the actual url of your site. Also change the curtemplate references to the actual template.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony:

>The _link_ referenced in the head doesnt show the css so you may need to play around with the path on this one.

It seemed like the install went normally. I didn't fool with the HTML. What do you think happened?

>try editing the .php file and replacing all of the mosconfig livesite references to the actual url of your site.

Do you mean replacing this text: "$mosConfig_live_site" with "jo.donschaefer.net"?

>change the curtemplate references to the actual template.

? what form would that take? How do I reference the UltraBamboo template?

Many thanks.
  • timhar
  • Free Extensions
  • 23 posts
No the template is referenced fine but the css file for hoverbox isnt showing up.

Just place a hardcoded reference in the php file like:

[code:1]jo.donschaefer.net/modules/hover_box2/hover_box2.css[/code:1]

Im pretty sure thats the correct reference but you may need to check the exact directory names.

Signing off now :) but will check again tomorrow.

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi, Anthony.

None of the changes to the php file worked. I think originally there was no problem there. However, the reference to the hover box css file in the HTML was incorrect by default.

It should have been:

/modules/mod_hover_box2/hover_box2/hover_box2.css

That was the key correction. However I still can't unpopulate and remove the extra frames, as you can see.

Have a good trip.

Looking forward to any comments you can offer from the road. I must submit this site's proposal by Tuesday, so I may take the HB down after you have a look. Fortunately, for mock up purposes, only the front page has to look somewhat the way I propose. If I have time, I'll see if mini moo gallery can work with what I've learned so far.

;)

best,

don
  • timhar
  • Free Extensions
  • 23 posts
Hi Don,

Just uploaded a native J1.5 version of the hoverbox. It should solve all the issues you've been looking at.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks very much, Anthony.

I did replace all references to the css file with the correct folder destinations while you were away and everything worked fine. Didn't post that to the forum here because of the site outage.

It's good to have a 1.5v of HoverBox. Thanks for the quick help.

don
  • timhar
  • Free Extensions
  • 23 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers