Support Forum

• Page:

Can't Select Hover Style

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi!

Thank you for this wonderful module!

When I first installed it - the thumbnails and the light box worked - but the hover effect did nothing.

I didn't put the style sheet reference in my index.php file - instead I put the css into one of my style sheets. Although - I tried it both ways - doesn't seem to make a difference.

The module wouldn't allow me to select a hover style from the drop-down menu - it kept defaulting it back to "Dark Left".

When I looked at my source code - it showed that no class id had been picked up.

Like this:

[code:1]

[/code:1]

So, I removed the tags from the mod_hover_box2.php and just put the style I wanted ("right") into it. That has solved the problem - but now I can't have multiple galleries with different layouts - do you know why it wouldn't let me select a style?

I hope this makes sense!

Thank you for your help!

Allison
  • Robert Simpson
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Allison,

Looks like I sent out the wrong zip with the last upgrade. Ill fix it up and put a new one up in the next day or so.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony & Allison. I am having the same difficulty, except I'm not sure how to make the _style change you referenced, Allison. Would you or Anthony be so kind as to give directions?

I'd like to choose the "top" style. Link is www.thestoryline.com/s_maggieelliott in the gallery.

Thanks so much!
  • strolch
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hi Samilyn,

Nice site!

I think we might be better off to wait for Anthony to post the new zip. But, if you're in a rush - this is the way I rigged it - no guarantees for stability.

1) Open your mod_hover_box2.php file.

2) Go to line 204 - it's right after all the list of "$params."

3) Where it says

line 204 -[code:1]div class="hb_?php echo $id?"[/code:1]

line 205 - [code:1]div class="thumbs_?php echo $id?"[/code:1]

Replace the

[code:1]?php echo $id?[/code:1]

with the name of the style that you want - you can find the style names in the hover_box2.css file.

Does that make sense?

Allison
  • Robert Simpson
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Hey everyone,

If you can hang tight for a few days I should have an update over the weekend ...

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi there,

Version 2.1 is now in the download area. There is quite a bit of new functionality here and Ill put together a comprehensive tutorial in the next day or so.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony. First off, thank you so much. I really don't know how you keep up with everything. Amazing...

I downloaded the new hover box module, thank you. I'm new to all this and am having a bit of difficulty getting the "right" displays to work. The link is www.thestoryline.com/s_maggieelliott in the gallery section.

Also, am hoping for some space between thumbnails. Where is this setting controlled?

Thank you SO MUCH!
  • strolch
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
And thank you, Alison too!!!!
  • strolch
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Oh, one more thing. I currently have 3 images and 3 thumbnails. When clicking on the "next" area of an image, though, it thinks there are 4 images. How can I change this?
  • strolch
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Yes looks a bit weird.

The css isn't actually showing up when you look at the source or try to view the css. Try uploading the contents of the zip manually ...

That should sort the margin/spacing issue out.

That may also sort out the 4th image in the gallery also.

First off, thank you so much. I really don't know how you keep up with everything. Amazing...

Yes I feel like it might be time to get some help ;)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers