Support Forum

• Page:

Publishing Banners to slider menu.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I want to publish one banner per slide in the slider menu of Vision 2.0. Ideally I want to lay out the slider in a very editorial way with the banner image positioned alongside a small block of text (which is also part of the banner). For both parts I want to maintain the tracking ability that banners allow.

Currently, when I insert the banner module into the slider the banner header and footer information always seems to sit above or below the image, resulting in a long scroll and a lot of white space to the right. Is it possible to set the text to run to the right of the banner image?

I know one way I can achieve this by embedding a banner module in an article but my worry is that any HTML links mentioned in the article would not be included in the banner information summary when people click on the relevant link. The article AND the banner need to be art of the one ad.

Essentially, can I have my banner cake and eat the text too?
  • Adam McCulloch
  • Previous Member
  • 31 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Adam,

Do you have a link to your site so I can take a look at this?

Can you also be very clear cut about the end result you want? Just say: I want THIS POSITION to do THIS TRICK. Then it's easier for me to find a way, if possible.

Thanks!
Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
Sure thing Tom,

What I'm trying to achieve is a banner in each of the five slider panels. Each banner is comprised of a short paragraph of text and an image. In the left hand box measuring 438x250 pixels the text will be displayed. Immediately to the right of the text, separated by a 16 pixel gap will be an image measuring 438x250 pixels. I can insert the image easily enough as a banner but I can't work out how to include the relevant offset text. When creating the banner the only text option appear to be headers and footers. I want the image on the right of the slider panel and text on the left but for them both to track the click through information provided by the banner module. Does this make sense?

The url is www.wanderlusting.net

Best,

Adam
  • Adam McCulloch
  • Previous Member
  • 31 posts
Hi Adam,

Thanks, very clear. I will be able to look at it, but unfortunately not before Monday, due to several projects I am in the middle of. Will that be fine with you?

Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
Of course Tom. Monday is fine. I'm just thankful you are able to take a look and, let's face it I have a whole lot of other stuff to work on in the mean time.
Till then.

Best,

Adam
  • Adam McCulloch
  • Previous Member
  • 31 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers