Support Forum

• Page:

unnecessary redirect?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

My clinet wants his new website(storage business) which I built for him installed in a subdomain off his primary site (which is a law firm) and 301 redirect the storage site domain name to this subdomain he created. It is to save $3 a month in extra hosting fees. Are there any other reasons besides his storage clients will see a strange address in the address bar subdomain.lawfirm.com? Isn't this a hacker strategy too and does google look down on it? I know this is not a specifically joomla question, but you guys are my source of truth in this wild web. Any ideas? Thanks so much
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Client is misguided :) If he wants to save $36 over having a site on a different domain.

Site will never rank well on a sub-domain compared to a new site.

My 2cents worth :)

CHeers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, I just got an emai from him and he told me me masked the ID so it would appear as the storage site domain name, he wants to install the site on the subdomain of his law firm even after I recommended him to set up an account for the storage site. Thanks for your feedback! I will just do as he requests.
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Hi Carin,

I think it's obviously better for him to have his own domain but in the end the client always wind :) Just get them to put in writing that they are acting against your advice :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers