Support Forum

• Page:

looking for good tooltip extension

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have been trying to find a tooltip extension that will give me nice rollover tooltips without breaking everything else in my site, I have already tried qluetip (gave me that front page missing file line blah blah php error) and tooltipgc (I just realized it creates a huge white space at the bottom of the page under the footer) Any ideas? Thanks so much! Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Carin,

As you have found... there are not many ToolTip app for Joomla to choose from (that work!). I have used YOOtooltip with success but for just this one app, the price is quite high ($39 EUR). The app itself does not cost this but you need to join a three month subscription to access it. The other ToolTip I've used and is quite nice is s4j Tooltip Customizer. This is also a commercial app but for only $6.00 the price is more in line for what the app actually does! Most of the free ToolTip app I've attempted to us either did not work or required a great deal of work to get it to look nice! Please let us know what you settle on. I'm sure there are or have been others asking the very same question to themselves.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Ed.
Hi Ed, I went to the s4j Tooltip Customizer, no reviews at all on JED, that was odd, then their website was throwing errors about cookies and the shopping cart not working with my browser settings, so I said, time to try again, I went back to JED and found - Plugin pure css tooltip - It is very easy, looks nice right out of the box and didn't break my site as far as I can tell! Thank you for your help though and have a great Sunday! Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Carin,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to take a look at Plugin pure css tooltip.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers