Support Forum

• Page:

Grid with no Grid.....JomSocial, noah. all in one

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey all,

after many many failures, re-installing, backing up, re-installing LOL

i have managed to get a consistent look and feel between grid template, noah and integrated jomsocial.

grid:
aust business trader . com . au
noah:
aust business trader . com . au/listings
jomsocial:
aust business trader . com . au/features/bizsocial-your-social-network.html

keep in mind its still a work in progress but for my first joomla attempt...hey i thinks its ok.

(i might finish in 2 weeks hopefully if i stay at home and hermit):laugh:

hint.....
dont use the joomla wrapper for noah as noah has great seo and the wrapper places it in a iframe......so if you use the joom menu and delete the noah for a clean look, when you do a google it will pick up noah first over joom so you loose nav etc when not in a iframe......noah is a very tough beasty that i dont recommend, no support etc but once mastered its quite good and looks great in wrapper......but at a price.

spend a couple of days playing with the two and you will have success :)
  • chris
  • Previous Member
  • 19 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Chris,

Had a look through, looks pretty sharp for someone who hasnt built a Joomla site before.

Yeh I know what you mean about many many failures, re-installing, backing up, re-installing,
I spent a whole week off work just doing the same thing until it clicked. They can be very fragile creatures at times, however once built worth every frustrating moment.

Your site looks crisp and clean, I like the feel, will check back a little later to see how it all came together.

Thanks for the tips, helps out so much when someone doesnt have to go through the dramas :woohoo:

Good One!
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
hey man,

thanks, i think it was anthony or jason that responded to an earlier q 2 weeks ago about topleftstrip.....thats when it all came to me.

when i bought grid was when i first used joomla....maybe 2 weeks and half a beard later.

my hair hurts but i cant stop.

*praise is a nice clean release :)
  • chris
  • Previous Member
  • 19 posts
That's great work Chris.

You've mirrored the look very well. Can't tell where Grid ends and the rest begins.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
thanks! omg my head is numb but if you look closely

the main div bg is right & down approx 3px each way, it was the only way for the 2 to play nicely.

replicating the menu and the slider for the footer are the hardest outside joomla esp when noah menu is cruel to say the least,

im messing with the yj popup login rather than the top panel as people might become confused as im dealing with less web savvy end users., im bastardizing the layout now so its more compact and will fit in lefttopstrip minus yj baggage :).

i can see grid being used in my kitchen when my dell touch screen comes.......mmmmm grid for recipes.....best cook book in sydney and i will send screenshots and pictures if it works :D

thanks for all your help once again.

only 1 more question regarding css and over lapping an image but i will try it first myself :)
  • chris
  • Previous Member
  • 19 posts
No worries Chris. Fire away when you're ready.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers