Support Forum

• Page:

Image Gallery in Article

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Is there a simple way to insert one of your image galleries into an article? I know that SupperBlogger uses Simple Image Gallery, but I prefer to use one of your galleries. Thanks!
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there Jeff,

What type of image display are you after, is it a single image that opens in a lightbox or are you after an image display that displays a number of images in the one module?

Cheers
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hi Craig,

Trying to get a multiple image gallery to display thumbnails within a content article. Then be able to open those images in a lighbox pop-up. I think I am on the right track with {loadposition xxx} and prettybox gallery. Haven't got it to work properly yet though with the Grid sample images. I am going to create a new directory for the images and see if that does the trick. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jeff
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
That still did not do the trick for some reason. Here is the article I am working on: www.tropicallifestyle.com/Captify-Content/lazzara-lsx-92-yacht.html . PrettyBox Gallery is reading the image names in the folder, but not creating the thumbnails or displaying the full size images in the PrettyPhoto popup... Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Hi Jeff,

The prettybox gallery as you have realised is the mod, it is used with prettyphoto to act as the lightbox.

If you are on a localserver from my experience it doesnt show the images until you go live. (whitebox with red cross)

JB Library is required if you havnt already installed that plugin, heres the link anyway

www.joomlabamboo.com/downloads/download-document/224-jb-library-plugin

I am still trying to get my head around things here as I came over from one of the bigger templates providers, so my knowledge is a little rusty.

Its 5.00am here in Australia, and Ive stayed up way too late, sorry i couldnt help you more

I am a member like your self and help out when I am online, if you continue to have problems Anthony normally gets here around 7 - 8am. he will help you straight away and get you up and running.

Cheers
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Got it working now. Had left out the trailing / in the image directory path within the PrettyBox Module Parameters. Thanks!
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Thanks again! Take care and get some sleep...
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Excellent Jeff,

Glad you got it sorted. Its alway something simple that we miss, I did something similar about an hour ago...lol

By the way your site looks, you are a man that knows what he is doing.

Great site! Love the look and feel of it, its coming together nicley :)

Cheers
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers