Support Forum

• Page:

Will ZenGrid Framework fitvids make videos responsive within EasyBlog

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am considering installing EasyBlog on my website at drcarney.com because I can get the help of somebody who is not technically very literate but who is great with the content in question. We are using K2 but I am afraid that it is not user friendly enough for her. I really like K2 but am thinking to do EasyBlog for her blogs on our site.

My question is whether the videos will be able to use fitvids automatically to make videos responsive in EasyBlog. I am assuming that I would just use one of their EasyBlog templates for the blog and tweak it as little as possible. They said that the Videos in EasyBlog are not yet responsive. That is coming soon.

I am assuming the videos will be responsive when I use the zengrid framework?

Thanks, Sean Carney
  • scarney
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean,

Depends on the css they use - I'm not familar with using video in easy blog

I'd expect you could overide the css

I'll ask the team to see if anybody has tried or tested on it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you very much Paul.

I am still not positive about trying out EasyBlog since I have been using their demo and it is nice but I am not sure it if so nice that I would want to use a second system. ie. EasyBlog instead of K2 which I am using now. :-)

But, if the fitvids did not work that would be a bummer. :-)

Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Hi

there could be 2 reasons why Fitvids wouldn't work out of the box:
1) some css in conflict
2) wrong defined fitvids container inside plugin setting

Yeah, there might be more, yet I believe it will work :)
And I did implement EasyBlog on one site and it looked nice, so much easier compared to k2.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Thank you Zuzuzu,

On that recommendation I have to say I am just about convinced to try EasyBlog. Thank you for letting me know about your experience.

Sean Carney
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Hi

If you decide to go ahead please could you let us know how you get on

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hello Paul,

I decided to wait on implementing EasyBlog because the site I have developed and plan to launch this week is using Joomla 2.5.10 and JB Lifestyle template. What I really am looking forward to is for JoomlaBamboo to create the Lifestyle template to work with Joomla 3.1 and then I want to convert my site. I figure converting the site will be easier the less other components I am dependent upon. :-)

But, I will be starting a new site too with Joomla 3.1 and want to use a JB template and am seriously considering EasyBlog.

Since I am not a real developer I decided to find a few companies that I could work with exclusively and so far I have settled on JoomlaBamboo for templates and extension eand NoNumber for other extensions. It seems like StackIdeas is a company that has a real loyal following and has some good support and good products. I wish they were partnering with JoomlaBamboo. :-)

Thanks, Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 16 hours ago by scarney.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers