Support Forum

• Page:

Fitvids not working

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I tried Fitvids a few times the last weeks and it never works; now I have the immidiate need to use it on a website. So I tried everything to bring it to work:

I set Allvideos Plugin (default) to 640x380, to "auto" and "100%"
I set die the video height and width in the code-tag {youtube} to 1200/640/aut0/100%/nothing.

In the plugin I tried .container and #mainContent. The best result would be, that the black Video Container would stretch to the whole width, but is only 28px oder 150px height. In every case the video itself is minimum size .

Could you maybe tell me:
What should I write with Zen and Lifestyle, a video in the articles (main content) in the Plugin. What should I write in the AllVideo Plugin and what in the code-tag, that calls the video with {youtube} ?

Thanks for your help. Im back in the club soon.
  • Dan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi
please, could you create ticket? I need to see exact page where you have some video where fitvids doesn't work. Without it I am not able to help.
Thank you
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
I´m back in the club soon, but cannot now.
In fact the question was not to solve my problem; I need to know, how fitvids should be used.
What do you expect to use:
In the AllVideo Plugin for height and width (default)
in the Fits Plugin for Lifestyle with Zengrid (i.R. .container or #mainContent)
in the allvideo tag in an article {youtube} {/youtube} where you can also specify width and height.
If I would know that, I would not need to try the fitsvid or elasticvideo script by myself. That would make me a few years older, if I´m true.
  • Dan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Well for sure use Allvideos with defined width, not auto, not percentages.

Next, I prefer not using Allvideos and instead copy from youtube or vimeo direct iframe code, this solution works best with Fitvids.

Why I wanted to see your site...there are know clashes between various css. So you need to ensure Fitvids css is correctly applied.
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers