Support Forum

• Page:

JB_TYPE not showing images in IE8 compatibility

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I'm new to the forum

I'm working on a school website and I'm now at the stage of tidying code, debuging, and cross browser checking.

one thing that dosent appear to function correctly is the jb_type plugin does not show the icon images when IE8 is in compatibility mode.

here is a link to a page that is using the jb_type plugin

www.bishopsgarth.stockton.sch.uk/beta/index.php/prospectus.html

can anyone help me out?

many thanks

Kev
  • kevpearson
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

Guess you took it out already right? Because there isn't any JBtype loading on the page you gave.

It should work fine with IE8 though. Let us know if you decide to try again and we can see it live.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi

I haven't changed anything. If you click the compatibility view button you will see the adobe icon disapears

I looked a the code but I am struggling to find anything that would stop the image showing

It works fine in IE8 until you switch compatibility on
  • kevpearson
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Right I got it now, I wasn't looking for the non-standard icon...

Poor browser, that's all there is to it I am afarid. I should ask MS for your money back :P

Seriously though, I am not certain what causes this or how to resolve it . Just google IE8+compatibility mode+.png and you will see what I mean. It is ceratinly not restricted to JBType but is a widespread IE8 issue. Some people are saying it is fixed in the latest versions of IE8, some say it isn't.

On the upside - You don't need to enable CMode, as everything is working fine as is, so I don't think you will have many problems from this.

Sorry, I can' t offer more help....
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers