Support Forum

• Page:

Problem with Superfish nav menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

We are having problems with the superfish menu. have installed the JB library. and gone thru the directions in forum.

I would like to use my own menu. how do I release the template, so i can install another menu.
  • Jacqueline Gordon
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jacqueline,

What trouble were you having with the menu? Were you using the extended menu module?

You can just publish any other menu module to the menu position (depends on the template exactly which position) and unpublish the superfish option in your template parameters.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
we are using the wood flower template. I have disabled the superfish menu but the navigation still wont expand on a mouse over. it only expands on the current page and this is not the function we are looking for. We have even installed another menu modules and customized those setting and still have the same results. How can we have the menu expand from any page without actually being on that page?

to see this function please go to roswellcounseling.com
  • Jacqueline Gordon
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts
Hi - did you follow this article here for setting up the extended menu?

showcase.joomlabamboo.com/nov09/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=122

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
we have gone through the list and drop down feature doesn't work still. When mouse over a title the drop down menu doesn't appear. It only appears after you have selected that item. The third tier items don't show either until you select the parent menu item. I am not sure what we have missed or are doing wrong to get this menu to function properly. We want the menu to work just like the demo.
  • Jacqueline Gordon
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts
Sounds like you are missing a parameter - if you have expand menu set to yes and it still doesnt work please create a ticket and ill take a look.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
you are right about missing a param. I missed the part where I have to type in either accordion or superfish in front of the menu.html It works perfectly now!!! thank you for being so prompt in helping me to figure this out!!
  • Jacqueline Gordon
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts
Sure thing no probs at all :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers