Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Buildr - Changes not being compiled - Finished compiling:Less_Exception_Parser:

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys,

I have used Buildr for a number of builds now and have never had this issue before - When making changes in the template, for example changing the container and row colour for the Menu section, the changes are not being replicated on the front end.

If I manually add styles to the custom.css then these are correctly being displayed. When monitoring the console after saving the template I see the following message:

Finished compiling:Less_Exception_Parser: File `../zengrid/libs/zengrid/less/__variables.less` not found. in template-generated.less
and:
Successfully saved config:undefined

The site does have admin tools installed and I have followed the instructions to configure it as well as disabling the component altogether, to no avail.

Are you able to provide any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Regards
D
  • gntodd
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 44 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi D,

Very sorry about this do you have the previous version of the framework downloaded?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I have a copy of version 1.2..0 - I do not seem to a later version?

Regards
D
  • gntodd
  • 44 posts
Not 100% sure if this will attach given the forum limits
Attachments:
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, thank you for that - I am now seeing the following error unfortunately :(

Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Tag footer invalid in Entity, line: 112 in /home/webmaster/public_html/staging/plugins/system/zenshortcodes/zenshortcodes.php on line 158

Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Tag section invalid in Entity, line: 113 in /home/webmaster/public_html/staging/plugins/system/zenshortcodes/zenshortcodes.php on line 158

Regards
D
  • gntodd
  • 44 posts
Is this with error reporting to maximum?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Can you try installing this version

Thanks
Paul
Attachments:
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Thanks again for responding, with error reporting not set I get a blank white page.

I have installed the attached, and even with error reporting set to maximum, I get a blank white page. I've disabled the shortcodes plugin and still I get a white page - very odd.

Even after disabling the plugin, I once again get a white screen regardless of how I set error reporting.

I've restored the site and to an earlier version (with the original versions) and the changes seem to appear - odd once again. However, any new changes do not take affect. From this point, I uninstalled the template and plugins and installed the older versions i had stored locally (buildr v1.2.0, zengrid v1.0.5, menu v1.2.0) - my changes are now being displayed.

I'm guessing there are some issues with the updated versions? Do you know when these might be rectified?

Thank you for your support thus far Paul.

Regards
D
  • gntodd
  • 44 posts
Hi D,

I don't know of any issues regarding a blank screen (a fatal php error)

Are you able to install the extensions again to see which one breaks?

In most situations with error reporting at max, it will display the error on the front end but sometimes (rarely) only in the view source code page.

The warnings in the domdocument are normally related to invalid syntax added by the user so it should not cause a fatal error.

So at the moment we have no updated versions other than an updated buildr we are working on (with unrelated updates)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
But let me see if I can troubleshoot it

I did test prior to posting but will have another run the extensions and plugins
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

It seemed to be when I enabled the framework, the last site I built which did not have any issues was only a couple of weeks ago using the versions below:

Build-r - 1.3.2
Zen Grid Framework - 1.0.5
Zen Shortcodes - 1.5.0
Zen Menu - 1.1.1

So it is only the framework and shortcodes that are different. This was a clean build however. Do any of the new versions rely on PHP7?

Regards
D
  • gntodd
  • 44 posts
Is this a standalone template and not a quickstart?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This is a manual template install to an existing site.

Regards
D
  • gntodd
  • 44 posts
Hi D,

I can't replicate this locally

If you want to update the files can you provide an akeeba file so I can test on my machine?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers