Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Template editor won't keep settings

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Bamboo People,

I am redesigning a simple 2 page site into a one-page site. I installed Buildr and proceeded to configure away -- but the template won't keep any settings.

For example, if I set a row to have a background, it doesn't put in the background. I save the template but the settings disappear. Same with margins, colors, whatever. It just won't take.

I tried reinstalling the template. I tried it with different presets (xero, background, onepage, etc). Nothing seems to work except hand coding via custom.css.

Have you ever heard of this before?

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Joanne,

Do you have any security extensions installed?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also what php version are you running and how much memory does the account have?

Do you see any web browser console error?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

No security extensions. It's running php 5.6.30. It's a Siteground GrowBig account so it should have enough memory. My processes are all in the green.

No console errors except some css errors associated with Widgetkit but I disabled the extension and all it's plugins etc -- and those errors went away.

Then, I tried to make changes to the site again via the template editor but they still won't stick. I've been wrestling with this all day, but watch it ends up being something stupid that I did.

I'll leave the template as Buildr so you can see it here: combreeze.com/

It looks pretty ugly.

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
Hi Joanne,

Can you open a ticket and we will take a look

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers