Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Default Specified Styling for '.moduletable h3' Prevents Use of Certain Module Header Classes

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

While looking at the issue from the other thread 'zen-module-title' Class Is Duplicated Into Header Tag Upon Header Class Insertion, I've also found another issue.

If insert a class into a module's Header Class input (under the advanced tab) & I have the header tag set to 'h3', then certain properties of the classes that I insert don't get applied.
This is because some of your css styles are very specific for the h3 tag (.moduletable h3) - as such, I can't insert a Header Class that applies a new margin-bottom (amongst other things, depending on which styles have already been specified for '.moduletable h3').

You would need to remove the '.moduletable h3' styles from the below locations (or maybe only append the styles to the h3 tag only, so that users can apply Header Classes):

/templates/buildr/less/modules.less (line 13)
&
/templates/buildr/less/typography.less (line 101)

I don't want to overwrite the above code, via css or less, because that would be improper and not sorting out the real issue. Also, I'd want to apply the new (Header Class) classes I create to different scenarios.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Aadil,

At the moment we don't support header class in modules within the templates - I'm not sure how feasible it is for us to update all our templates to include this feature

Especially as this hasn't cropped up before from a user for many years

I'll check when people are online on above

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

In terms of not supporting Header Class, I found references of it in your framework - please look at the following file (I'm not sure if it's referenced elsewhere too):
/templates/buildr/zengrid/html/modules.php

All classes that are prefixed with the term 'zen' are from your framework so when I found '.zen-module-title' being duplicated (in my other thread) when using a module's Header Class, would this not be classified as a bug (because it's a class from your framework being outputted here twice) - I would think that these are things that would be put on a list to fix, simply because it's output from your framework?

I know you've mentioned that other users haven't brought this up, or brought up some of the other issues I've been finding, but as I said before, the reason for that is probably because most people aren't testing the workability of everything.
I've been testing as much as I can because I want things to be fully working so I don't have problems down the line.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
...there are also references of it in this file:
/templates/buildr/html/modules.php
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
I've not heard back on this yet

I have just updated the zentools2 demo site with a new version of zentools2

So far I am of some missing image content and one overlay having an unwanted bottom margin

The masonry overlay at the moment we won't be changing as that proved the best solution for a technical issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the update - I'll await further news.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the Zentools2 masonary layout but I posted an update to the relevant thread.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Thanks

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers