Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Unwanted modules publishing to hidden menu article

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,
I have an article using hidden menu, and for some reason, it publishes the all the modules of the site, when I don't want any modules publishing to it.

I have double and triple checked the menu assignments of the modules in question, all are set as they should be.

When I publish the hidden article to the main menu, the problem goes away, but I don't want it published to the main menu, it is an addon private page.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I've done some further testing. The modules are published on the home page and one other page in the main menu. When I unpublish them from the home page, they disappear from my hidden menu. Unpublish from other menu, but publish on home, the appear on hidden menu (where I don't want them). Tried putting all articles in different categories. No avail.

So it is linked to modules on the home page being forced on the other hidden page.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
This sounds like the hidden menu link isn't working right

Is everything valid about this link e.g. published, publish status etc?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok, the problem was in the url assigned when I created the menu item. When I used the alias instead of the index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32 assigned, the unwanted modules stay away.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
ah thanks for the update

Best of luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers