Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Can't add anything new in custom.css

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've been having an issue with Buildr (see this post, which I'll be updating shortly with more info on the issue).

The issue I'm currently facing (which I have no idea if it's related or not) is that I can't add anything new to the custom.css file. If I change something that's already there, it works and displays on the front end. If I add something new - i.e. styling targeting an element that isn't already included in custom.css - then the code saves in the file as normal, but doesn't display on the front end. It just isn't there in the code, but still is in the custom.css file. Same issue for two different super admin users.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
  • gntodd
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 44 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by gntodd. Reason: Adding link
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi There,

It could be caching either on the site or the server

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, I should have mentioned I've cleared out Joomla and server caches, but the issue is still occurring.
  • gntodd
  • 44 posts
hmm ok odd

"then the code saves in the file as normal, but doesn't display on the front end. It just isn't there in the code, but still is in the custom.css file."

Just to check no caching in the global admin, no plugin caching, no server caching, no optimisation extension like jch optimise or anything like that?

Do you have a link for the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Site is www.stsilas.org.uk/

I can give you temp admin access if you like?
  • gntodd
  • 44 posts
Hi There

Sure - we can take a look
Please include a reference to this thread in the ticket

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
HI,

There are some syntax errors in your css file.

Usually, browsers will ignore any rules that come after an error, which is probably why changing previous rules is working.

If you paste the contents of your file into this site it will tell you where the errors are: csslint.net/

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers