Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Accordion Zen Tools 2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Again,

My customer wants her testimonials all on one page. To keep the page shorter (she has lots of testimonials) I was thinking of using Zentools2 accordion -- but it uses the article title as a link and ideally I'd like to have a bit of intro text before the open link. Similar to Facebook posts, a read more, read less functionality.

Do you think there's a way I could do this using Zentools?

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Joanne,

Is the intro text before every accordion item?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, in a perfect world there would be intro text then a read more or open button and the full text would slide out. Users could close the text again just like an accordion.

Each of the 15 testimonials would have their own intro text. Some of them are very long others are pretty short. For the shorter ones it doesn't make sense to have a read more link that goes to another page. I'd prefer to keep everything on the one page.

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
I was also thinking maybe I could make the article title something like:

Sally Smith of Boston, MA - Attorney Michael Hooker made a difficult situation much easier.

Like a headline. But the article titles would get crazy long.

J
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
Would the client have to manage adding more content?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I think they'd like that option. Whether they actually do it or not, I don't know. There is one person in particular in their office who might be keen.

J
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
hmm I was thinking of the slider module but that is a lot of modules to load into an article

bambootheme.com/showcase/apr16/template-features/module-overview/using-module-classes
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm not sure how this one is going to play out but thanks for your input and suggestions!

Joanne
  • joanne721
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 285 posts
If this isn't an option get back to me and I'll check with the team if this is possible directly with zentools2

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers