Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools Filter Multilanguage

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

I got Builder and I have set up an article filter -based on categories- that looks exactly like it appears here:
demo.joomlabamboo.com/?theme=apr16

I have 2 languages (English/Greek) and translated the menus, articles and categories using Falang.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any suggestion as to how can I make the Zentools filter display the articles different languages?

2. How can I translate the Offcanvas trigger text?
  • ELEFTHERIOS KARAOGLANIS
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

1. With a native multi-lingual site, you would set up 2 modules, one for each language. Setting the language of the module and being on the site in one content language would make zentools only retrieve the right language content.
Falang works by intercepting the calls for content and replacing what gets returned with it's translations, but with native multi-language you would have seperate categories for each site language so I'm not sure how it goes about translating items returned by category.
I'll check on this with Anthony.

2. This should be the same as with Joomla's translation method and the same way the menus are set up.
You need 1 default template set to all languages. Then you need to make a duplicate of that template style for each content language and set one of the copies to be a default for each language.
Then you can change the offcanvas text for each languages default template.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thank you for the prompt reply Rob!

2. I had completely forgotten about this in Joomla. I did a duplicate of the template and assigned it the language and changed the assigned text.

2.a) I assume I have to make 2 copies of the default template and assign one at each language?

2.b) Also do I have to create duplicate menus assigned to specific languages for this to work?
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Hi,

The template languages should work independently of the menus.
I think, because falang translates items directly you shouldn't need the extra menus as you would then have all those new menu items available for translation within falang (but you wouldn't be able to translate the template options easily within falang).

The text settings are part of the buildr style configurations, so you would need to save a new one for each language with the text changes. eg if your style is called 'reds', then you could save a 'reds de' 'reds en' etc.
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks again Rob!
Now I understand how you mean to apply it:
a. You create 2 different style with different name and change the text on each.
b. You apply one style to each of the language-specific templates

Am I correct?

Anyways, for some weird reason the Offcanvas link text was not displaying for some pages in one of the two languages. I went around the problem by simply using just one template and thus not requiring to have 2 more templates (each for each language), but I will work it on an offline version to see how it goes.
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 3 posts
Hi there and welcome aboard :)

1. Yes that's correct. You would handle different styles of the template for each language on the site. One instance called ENG would use the text Open Panel and the instance called GREEK would use the Greek translation for that text.

You would then assign the ENG template to the English or default language and do the same for the Greek template for the Greek language.

Not sure why the button wouldn't show if the templates were set the same. Happy to take a look in a ticket with access to the Joomla admin if you need us to look deeper.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers