Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools 2 Mod not linking to content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I am setting up the zentools2 module on the home page, very much in the same way in the demo. I have set it up to point to Joomla Content Items. Right now I only have one item selected, so only one is showing.

ScreenShot2016-04-23at9.42.22AM.png

The problem is that the "read more" does not link to the article, it just links back to the home page. I must be missing something simple here, but I don't know what it is. There will be a number of these added, so I want to get it right now.

Thanks for any help. If you need access I provided it in this ticket: SUPPORT-4H46WI9N21

Also, as a side note, I never receive notifications from my forum posts....email is correct in my profile, and they are not going into my spam folder.
  • Riceman
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 131 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

With this problem it commonly means the itemid issue

Where modules are pointing to content which has no menu link pointing either to the article or its category

The solution is to add a menu link to a menu - the menu doesn't need to be published to the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For more information on this - please check out this article

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-avoid-the-joomla-menu-itemid-issue
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, I am familiar with this workaround, and have used a "hidden" menu in the past. But in this case the item is in the main menu. see screen shot:

ScreenShot2016-04-27at8.42.42AM.png

ps - not sure why but I never receive notification that there is an answer on the forum. I checked my email and that is correct, and it is not going into spam.
  • Riceman
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 131 posts
Hi

I did a quick test on your site and the page test seems to work for me

I've not used page builder before - do you get the same if that is temporarily disabled?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, when I disable the page will not load at all. It may be related. This is the first time I have used PageBuilder. In any case I will try to use manual links...

Mahalo
  • Riceman
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 131 posts
Good luck with it

I did the standard thing - created an article, hidden menu with link and then added the content article to the module content choice

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers