Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

menu - logo - search - corporation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul
I finally bit the bullet and launched the new template yesterday. I still have a few things I'm struggling with style wise so hope you can help?

My menu was longer than the original so I have utilised the top row for the logo and search. Too accommodate that I had to add some rules to custom .css in terms of padding, floating the search box for alignment etc. which you'll probably see from the console. All looks good on the laptop but on tablet and phone the search icon is still above the search box.

1. Is it possible to fix that for those devices or failing that hide the icon for those devices only?

2. The re-launch banner encroaches on the menu on a tablet and the phone. Is it possible to push that down a little in those devices? I have seen the responsive classes and the template options but was unsure which, if any, would do that or whether my custom css changes were incorrect.

3. I still have a problem with the menu behaviours from the template itself. This was the same on my local server even before my layout changes. On First page load the home page correctly shows the current marker as tertiary background - white text. Active hover is primary but when you navigate to a new page it goes out of synch. The current marker is correct but the active hover fails. If you remember I also had trouble with the second level not retaining text colours and you kindly gave me some custom.css for them to retain their colour but I think this should be pulling from the template.

I thought it may have been a javascript conflict but the issue existed before I added jevents, star ratings and the facebook buttons.

Hope you can help again. It's been a long time since I've done this sort of thing and css and all things technical seem to have overtaken me!

The site is at:
www.lancashireheelers.org

Thanks Paul
Jan
  • Janice Jones
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jan,

Looking at the widths are you able to shrink the top1 to 7 and top4 increase to 5?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With 3.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean

www.lancashireheelers.org/lancashire-heeler-information/lancashire-heeler-breed-information/colour-variants

www.lancashireheelers.org/

If I compare these two the only different I can see is the lack of an image - which causes a difference in height which alters where the background image is in relation to the content

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If I'm barking up the wrong tree can you perhaps add a screenshot with arrows pointing to the problem areas

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also, when browsing the site (I have a Spanish rescue who looks like this breed :)

I can see the photo call section is either missing pics or are wrong sizes

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes - sorry Paul it's just the hover and hover active colours that should pull from the template options that isn't happening. If you go to a sub page then hover over the active there is no change. The text should change to primary colour as it does when you initially load the home page and hover over home. Also when you go to a sub page the home button text is grey instead of white.
Here's a visual that might help

fullmenu.jpg

Here's a screenshot of my settings also.

menu.JPG

As I said I've also had to put custom css in to make the drop down text grey. even though that's in my settings it stays white and can't be seen. It looks as though the drop down and active and hover settings don't take effect in the template.
Thanks
Jan
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Janice Jones.
Strange we've rescued a couple from Spain also. They're a great breed. I retired long ago but this is my hobby and turned into a but of a monster really! I'm now in New Zealand and if Lancashire Heelers are a vulnerable breed in the UK they're a real rarity here.
I've just brought mine over. She comes out of quarantine on 1st March. Can't wait!
www.lancashireheelers.org/lancashire-heeler-community-social/lancashire-heeler-blogs/poppy-in-new-zealand

As to the photos - yes. There are a lot of old galleries that I am gradually now going to replace - with zentools where possible so that I can be more consistent with the site but there's a lot to do.
I did try turning off that tab while I did that but if I do the ain tab didn't render.
Thanks again for all your help. Your all very patient. It's appreciated.
Jan
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Hi Jan,

We ended up adopting the mum and her two last pups from different litters together with Noa who looks like an Italian Greyhound mixed with a pharaoh hound.

Mum and her litters were abandoned in a flat by a "breeder" and Noa escaped from the hunters

I'd be counting the minutes regarding quarantine so can relate to that

I'll get back to your questions now :)

The site does look good I like the colours and background

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With Home I see this line

#menu ul.first-level > li a:not(.btn) {
color: #999999;
}

this is controlling the text colour for the home link
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Jan,

Looking at the styling compared to your settings - there does appear to be a slight glitch with hover on active first line elements

Try adding

#menu ul.first-level > li.active .zen-menu-heading:hover {color: #dc3522;}
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janice Jones
Right so the home style is affecting the dropdown links without a background - with that style removed it makes the links invisible
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Can you try adding

#menu ul.first-level > .deeper.parent li a:not(.btn) {color:#999999;}
#menu ul.first-level > .deeper.parent li a:not(.btn):hover {color:red;}
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janice Jones
Have a rescue here too so she'll have company - sounds like you have a houseful of fun!
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Yes.....but if I take that out the text in the dropdowns goes white and I can't see them. :)
How can I isolate the home link, make it white and get the others grey?
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Sorry - you said that yourself a bit further down - lesson read all your posts before I interrupt! :S

Summary: I took my 2 custom lines out - put your 3 in - PERFECT!
Thank you!
It's beginning to look good. Still a lot to do - really appreciate your help. Once I'm done I'll give you guys a mention in dispatches.
Thanks Paul - hope you're feeling a bit better today - the hours you keep probably doesn't help but given I'm the other side of the world I'm not complaining!

Jan
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Thanks Jan

It's the post school holidays cold I always seem to get

Must be something about my sisters kids :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
IMG_1077-facebook.jpg

IMG_1073-facebook.jpg

IMG_1025-facebook.jpg

Nothing better than coming home to the pack :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
That made me smile! - Yes. I see what you mean!. They look pretty happy. Roll on 1st March. :)
  • Janice Jones
  • 124 posts
  • 5 Thanks
Nice to see your new family Paul :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers