Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Accordion and Zentools

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have tried the accordion menu in module positions than sidebar 1 & 2. Unless I set the module style to simple it seems not to work. (tried in the offcanvas, or panel)

I have decided to stick to a flat simple structure for my menu so it is not a problem for now. However, I was wondering if you recommend an extension for vertical menus, or other menus that can be placed in different positions around the site. I was looking at verticalmenu.demo.offlajn.com/ but was not sure how it works in JB templates, or if there are other options.

I can see that working with Zentools2 rather than a menu module could be the way to go across as site using the Zenslider setting. Does this affect SEO?

Is there a best css class for adjusting the margin Zentools2 Zenslider so that the images go to the edge of the module. (this will help for 2 column width applications in sidebar 1 or 2)
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

If you use a module position other than the menu position for the menu it will take a little bit of extra work

As the menu position is used in the responsive menu options

With the accordion did you add the accordion class and set it up using menu separator links?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I used the accordion class and had the menu heading as the top level.

When I input inherited as the module style:
The menu title appears, but not the menu contents

When I put zendefault or simple as the module style:
Menu displays as a simple text menu.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Sorry, just refreshed the cache. Menu contents do not display with module style set to Zendefault. Only works with simple module style
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Is there a best css class for adjusting the margin Zentools2 Zenslider so that the images go to the edge of the module. (this will help for 2 column width applications in sidebar 1 or 2).

I might do a presentation to Joomla Toronto to show how you can pretty much create the key content for a site, through the main content area Zentools2 modules.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Good point about the menu being responsive. I am thinking of keeping menu modules to the template menu positions, to ensure the responsive aspect is maintained.

If I need a menu above the main content, [so that the main content can be full width] then I will use bootstrap 3, or zen-tabs.

Seems the logical approach.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi

With accordion menu - do you have the accordion script enabled in the menus > accordion
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Yes accordion is enabled and it displays in the Sidebar 1 Sidebar 2 OK.
(note: I needed to have both a menu separator, and text separator before the first live menu item then the accordion works your documentation shows just one separator being required. docs.joomlabamboo.com/using-t3/adding-an-accordion-menu )
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
My desire is to have a full width "main area", and also to have an accordion menu on the page.

I could use "module anywhere" and float left in a div (is something that works?)
or
a bootstrap solution could work.

best... S
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
hmm not sure what would be better

I think the float might be a odd when it expands

But using the template syntax may add space below the menu

I think I'd try using the framework syntax
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
sorry the link I forgot to add is

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/theme/shortcodes/grids

for the shortcode grids on this template

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers