Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Facecebook button on Corporation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

I want to show two Facebook buttons on each page with the corporation template.

For the first one I use the inbuilt social sharing function. Users should be able to share the site.

The second one comes from k2 item.
Here I want to show the like button.

I changed the fb-root in k2 item in order to have it only once on the page. I also gave a unique URL to the k2 item.

Still no button shows up. I have this in the header:

<script id="facebook-jssdk" src="//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=177111755694317&xfbml=1">
undefined
</script>

I tried deleting the Facebook script from k2 item in order to have it only once, too.

Still there is no like button and it seems there is no FB-script in the header.
Checking the inbuild fb symbol sometimes it works, sometimes not.

What could be the reason? Could it have to to do with the inbuild template script?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by MaMuster. Reason: typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have a link for a page not working?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi there,
sure:
seminar.de.w00d0e9a.kasserver.com/index.php/news/item/322-8-batteriestammtisch-muenchen-neue-materialien-fuer-lithiumionenbatterien-welches-potential-steckt-in-der-materialforschung

You find the undefined in the header and the missing fb button below the content. It is a k2 item as written.

I have it with FF, did not test other browsers.

by the way: do you also notice by scroling up that the menu area disapperas (no background)

Thanks a lot
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Hi

I don't think I quite understand your initial post

Did the template work correctly regarding the menu area prior to your edits?

Is the initial problem that with the template social icons enabled that the k2 facebook like doesn't display or work correctly?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'd also be very careful about any k2 form - adding security features is essential

We have had demo sites spammed when this wasn't enabled

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
paulus103 wrote:
(...)

Did the template work correctly regarding the menu area prior to your edits?

No, I just noticed it again when hunting this error.
paulus103 wrote:
Is the initial problem that with the template social icons enabled that the k2 Facebook like doesn't display or work correctly?

Exactely. The problem is that with and without social icons enabled the k2 Facebook like does not display.

I know that two instances can create a problem, therefore I changed the 2x fb-root div (which is in the template) in the k2 item php to something else.

As it still does not work, I disabled the inbuilt social functions to check if this is the cause and have the same result of not beeing displayed.

So I went on troubleshooting myself until I found the

<script id="facebook-jssdk" src="//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=177111755694317&xfbml=1">
undefined
</script>

in the header. I also checked the template php files to see if I can find the fb-code called, but there is just the <a> popup link I saw.

As I guessed that the code might appear only once on the page, I also tried it with deleting the k2 fb code, but no result.

So this is where I arrived and need some help to get it to work. This is also when I saw the menu area issue again.
We have had demo sites spammed when this wasn't enabled

Thanks for the k2 form advice which is a well-known problem. We figured out that a mix of captcha and temporarily disabling comments on items where it has been broken (meaning you get spam comments) works relatively well although I could never get the flag IP to really work in k2.
And you need to check on a regular basis. But this got it under controll.

Thanks a lot
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by MaMuster. Reason: adding a better description
Is it possible to undo the changes you have made so I can see it not working

If I can't resolve the issue then I will ask a developer but they would want to see the site without your edits

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes sure, I will edit this post and let you now when I uploaded the old k2 item.php.

Done: It is the corporation template + k2 items.php without any code modification other than span4 divs.

The social sharing function of the template is on. I also turned it of once to check. Same result. The undefined in the header stays. I inserted a full link https:// ... in the field for the FB site.

In case there is an ticket for this site (closed/or on hold) for another question about compiling less if I remember so you can log-in.

You will also see that the menu issue stays.
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by MaMuster.
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
sorry forgot to include the screenshot

k2-like.png
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, still looking at the same link.

Thanks a lot - the screen helps tremendously.

Seems that it is a FF problem only which I feared.

Update:
Thanks again Paul. Knowing that it is only on FF I refined the search to Facebook buttons and FF.

The one street with FB_root is right, but not the culprit.

FF is blocking Facebook with the new site protection (see: stackoverflow.com/questions/33700416/facebook-like-button-in-firefox-42-browser-not-showing-up).

This explains why no iframe shows up and made me think it had to do with the number of buttons on the page. We could have hunted for hours ... (you know the first thing the client notices is "there is no FB button".

Thanks a lot again and if JB figures out how to circumvent the new FF protection you have a sales argument more (not that you need it, but you never know ... :-))

cheers

P.S.: The menu issue remains. Will open a new post.
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by MaMuster. Reason: update and P.S.
ah didn't know about that one

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers