Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Banner "We relaunched our website. Take a look around to see what's new."

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Greetings,

I am not able to find where to remove the black background with the text "We relaunched our website. Take a look around to see what's new." Would appreciate a pointer please, even if it is most likely a stupid question. Screen attached.

All the best
Ron
CorpRegion.png
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Ron

This text is added via a html module to grid1, so gridrow1 controls the style.

Template admin > Theme (On the Qs it is the default and flatsalmon) > Rowstyle > Grid1 Row Style.

From here the fun starts! You can change to another rowstyle that picks up from the styling for that row style type, but this will not remove the effect, in your case the black background which is in fact the primary colour.

You have a couple of option:
1. Write a custom style for a rowstyle

or, easier
2. Add custom.css to remove the coloured background or change the colour.
Something like:
#grid1wrap .section-inner {
background: none;
}
This would give you a clear (none) background however would effect this everywhere for gridrow 1. If you just want the effect on this module then add specific class to the module and add this to the custom css to be more specific on the style.

Hope that helps. Now back to playing with this template some more and zt2!

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Cheers Ian

• manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you Ian, I want to remove the black styling on all pages so you've given me the answer which I'll work on a bit later, appreciate it much.

I want to also add the search box which is not visible on this template default. Would really like some assistance in placing it, hope it's okay to ask on this post so if not I'll submit a separate post.

Thanks again
Ron B)
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
It's fine Ron - can you enable the search module in that position perhaps or another position and we will help you from there?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony. I searched for "search" under modules and don't find anything; searching for "search" under plugins shows many but for the most part they are published. Should I be looking for something else?

I attach a screen of the plugins and null response of the module search if that will help. I haven't begun any changes yet if you wanna have a look I can submit the un/pass in a private ticket.

ScreenHunter_96Jan.1915.59.jpg

ScreenHunter_97Jan.1916.00.jpg

As always I greatly appreciate all the support assistance from JB, it is a very important thing for me as it's hard for me to keep up with all this since I retired from work and now only do websites and supporting online campaigns as a volunteer for a few nonprofits that I believe in and for young writers, tattoo artists and bands, so it takes much studying for me to get a kick start; and no, that mention of a kick is not meant literally sorry man. Every single person I've referred to JB has thanked me for the suggestion; even got taken out for dinner a couple of times :evil:

All the best and once more I appreciate you guys
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Ron,

I think Anthony was thinking of using grid1 perhaps using the same syntax for if it

so there is text on left and search on the right

or alternatively adding the search where it fits with your site layout / design
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For the syntax it uses this

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/theme/shortcodes/grids

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Good Morning Paul,

I don't see a Module for search, only the plugins as the screenshots below show -- sorry to be a pain in the posterior but I would ask for some guidance on this if you would please.

Thank you very much
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Sorry I didn't cover that - the search module was isn't included in the quickstart due to an oversight I think

You will need to create a new search module via module manager and then assign it a position

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry Paul I don't know how to do that (exasperation). :blush:
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
found it and activated it in grid1 but it's not right in that position (bykarmicdesign.com) - can you help me with positioning this I got a little lost with that

thanks for your patience
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I did use Ian's suggestion re custom css and got rid of the black background I didn't want. I'd also like to remove the upper dark color or better yet make the bottom row that was black the same opaque as the upper row as well plus I don't know where to remove the text We relaunched our website... and the explore button

Thanks again and apologies for what are most likely standard questions.

All the best
Ron

CorpRegion3.png
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Yaron Modzelevich.
Anthony Olsen wrote:
It's fine Ron - can you enable the search module in that position perhaps or another position and we will help you from there?

Thanks

That would awesome - hope I'm not considered too much of a pain in the butt.

Thanks Anthony
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Ron

This one is in the template admin.

Templates > jb template (corporation) > theme (tab) > Toparea

Then set "Top area overlay fade amount (%)" to 0% to give a clear or no background. Other settings here will also control this top area where the nav is located to colour and size differently.

Remember to save and compile. That should give you what you are looking for.
Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thank you very much once again Ian, I greatly appreciate the help.

Can you also help me with 3 other things I can't find where to fix:

1. remove the text "We relaunched ..."

2. fix the way the search box is shown ( bykarmicdesign.com )

3. change the large image (just can't find it)

I'm attaching a screenshot but disregard the top dark as I followed your instructions and that is fixed.

All the best and thanks again.
Ron
CorpRegion3_2016-01-20.png
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Ron

1. In Joomla Extensions > Modules
Look for module in position grid1 with title "Relaunched website"
Open the module to edit and change the text or html markup to suit you requirements for the site.
Tip: You can use the filter to narrow the displayed modules or the search box, so put in "Relaunched website" and it will save you some hunting.

2. Not sure what you are asking here, could you elaborate, then I try to help or we can leave it to the grown ups (Paul and Anthony)!!!

3. Templates > jb template (corporation) > theme (tab) > Background > Background Image
You can select and image you have already uploaded to the image folder using Joomla media manager.
There are some other setting in this panel to control the background and image you may want to play with, they cover the overlay and image stretch.

I hope that helps
Cheers Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by iafdesign.
thank you again Ian - the second issue has to do with the search box in grid 1 - tried to widen the box but didn't help. thought that was the issue since the word search is above the box and if I add a button it is misplaced as well.

Think I'll open a ticket as this is off topic now from the original post.

I am grateful for your help and also Paul and Anthony. I'm sure that this will get fixed.

All the best
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Ron

Really sorry I'm not understanding what you are wishing to happen with the search box. On my screen it is showing to the right side of grid1, rather than left as in your screenshot.

It seems to function fine, I can do a search. Are you wanting the input box to be wider? Are you wanting the search box positioned somewhere else? Do you want different text on the button/header/input box?

Some of this may be setup of the module, which is Joomla related. Some may be how the template displays it in this position. For sure you are likely to need some custom css now the background is removed as hovering to enter it youo cannot see the text against the image.

More than happy to try to give a steer but working a bit blind. It may be easier for the JB team (Paul and Anthony) to look at this for you via a ticket so you can give them more access. Don't of course post login details in this open forum. You can get to the ticket system via the menu on this page - to the right on a desktop screen.

Let me know if I can help some more though. Just my internet connection is poor today, up and down like a tarts draws!

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian - yes, making a search is great. My issue is with the search box itself. I did submit a ticket after trying everything I knew to and scrutinizing the excellent theme management area. I will report back with the results in case anybody else needs this type of info.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time for this.

All the best
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers