Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Help with a few Template and layout issues

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

happy 2016.

I need help with the following issues on the template and want to report some things I spotted:

The link in question is seminar.de.w00d0e9a.kasserver.com/index.php/

a) The Tabs row appears at the bottom, how can I set it to top? Looks like a bug?

b) I would like to have the bottom and footer row not full-width, but with the width of the main wrap. Can I do this via the template? If not, can you help me with the CSS? Thanks!

I tried setting the floats to none, margin: auto, but on this template it seems to be trickier.

c) the menu in the submeu that has a third level menu is not in line? Is this a design feature or not?

d) The zenkit styles do onyl work partially. E.g. span9 blog-main and span3 blog-sidebar have no CSS for the width. I added it manually, but you can check. I guess with ZGF4 there needs to be an update on some classes.

e) The CSS for the socialSharing zenblock does not work. I had the issue with other templates. In most cases it was a question of an overflow:hidden I simply added, but here it seems to be more difficult this time. Could you please guide me, how to make the FB appear?

f) To report a potential bug: there is this CSS for the sidebar:
.mainwrap .sidebar .zen-module-body {
background: #fff none repeat scroll 0 0;
padding: 10px 30px;
}
It only generates a small white field under the module title. Therefore I disabled it with a custom css command. But I guess many users will have the same problem.

g) Could you tell me the new syntax for grids for the modul classes? E.g. I want to show two modules in the footer, one with grid3 one with grid4. I could add span3 to the modul class on older templates. What should I use now?

h) How and where can I control the zentools2 layout on the main page that causes the blue effect with the top left triangel? I like it, but not on the main page.

Sorry for the number of questions

Thanks a lot for your help!
All the best
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MaMuster. Reason: added one layout issue
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Using the demo site as a reference and quickstart grid1 row is above the tabs row

We relaunched our website. Take a look around to see what's new.

is in grid1 for example

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'd switch the positions to a different row to move the tabs up the page
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding

"I would like to have the bottom and footer row not full-width, but with the width of the main wrap. Can I do this via the template? If not, can you help me with the CSS? Thanks!"

The current site - the rows aren't fullwidth as the content is the width of the container

or is the issue the background?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
c) the menu link I think is an oversight

#menu ul.first-level ul li.parent .zen-menu-heading {padding: 0px 20px;}

try adding that
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I think we need to break up this thread into new questions from this point

as its going to get way too confusing

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry for the many questions. I hoped that the ordering with letters helps to keep the overview.

First, thanks a lot for the fast reply. Here my answer to what we could solve already:

a) the tab position
Ok, this is the reason. I looked in the backend of the template under "layouts" as reference as with module positions in the demo I could not find the,. TABS appear there on top.

Now that I know it, I simply move the position of TABS up in the default.php.

b) limited width of bottom/footer row to content area width
I think best is to look at a content item under e.g. news.
What I mean is that I can change the background by adding e.g. #mainWrap {
background: red none repeat scroll 0 0;}. This gives me the full content container + a background with red, no picture.

When I try adding it to the bannerwrap, the picture is overridden and not visible, but it is still fullwidth with a float left. So I tried to position it, in center with width: XXXpx; margin: auto.
Then I have a problem with the background image.

I hope I could explain it well.

c) menu subitem issue
Perfect, this solved it! Thanks.

Concerning the rest:
Would you prefer one post per question d) - h), or should I continue here with a breakup of d) - h) into single answers, one can answer step by step?

Thanks a lot and cheers!
P.S.: I hope you can see the bold formats, as FF does not show them to me.
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MaMuster. Reason: structuring the post better
Hi

You've lost me a bit here

"b) limited width of bottom/footer row to content area width
I think best is to look at a content item under e.g. news.
What I mean is that I can change the background by adding e.g. #mainWrap {
background: red none repeat scroll 0 0;}. This gives me the full content container + a background with red, no picture.

When I try adding it to the bannerwrap, the picture is overridden and not visible, but it is still fullwidth with a float left. So I tried to position it, in center with width: XXXpx; margin: auto.
Then I have a problem with the background image."

Are you wanting to change a background colour of the where the content is or add an image or removed the image from entire wrap?

sorry

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I think it will be easier for me if you make separate posts for each question - some I may need to refer to a developer

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I will try to explain my questions better, and your answer helped me a lot to do so.

For other readers: This post is now only on initial question b. Paul helped me to sort out a-c, and I opend a new thread for questions d, e, f, h in the Corporation forum section.

The question is about adjusting width and backgrounds to have a center colum layout.

1) Digging in deeper there are two situations:

The first one is what I call a regular content page (e.g. seminar.de.w00d0e9a.kasserver.com/index.php/news/item/285-3-batteriestammtisch-muenchen-batterieproduktion-im-fokus). We have the main content and the bottom and footer row. Forget abou the banner module as it is likely that we change it.

On such a page I think of two changes. The first one is to have the background image to not repeat. I can do this by adding a background to #mainwrap that overrides the picture.

Then I would like to have at least the bottomrow (the one with the envelope) with the same size as the content area and centered. I could not get it to work. I tried it with a fixed width and margin auto. Here I have the problem with the background as I think there is a dependency of floats.

This is what I wrote in the first post with the question.

2) Then there is the main page. As the main area is hidden, there is not mainWrap, this is where I got confused when I posted again.

In consequence I realized that I can not simply overwrite the picture with the background and have it look like a centred colume as there are many grids on the main page.

Thus my questions are:

a) for the main page:
I would like to have the grid rows not full-width, but with the width of the main content wrap.

Can I do this via the template? If not, can you help me with the CSS? Thanks! Here the picture should not repeat. As I wrote, I tried setting the floats to none, margin: auto, but on this template it seems to be trickier.

b) for the content page:
How can I set the bottom row (the one with the envelope) to the same size as the content area and centered?

Thanks a lot
  • MaMuster
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MaMuster. Reason: readability
Hi

I'm a little confused by a and b as the content/footer does look to be the same width as the content / component area

Have you fixed this?

I can see the background colours / image extend in the background for the whole row but not the content

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers