Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Hidden banner on desktop

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, for some reason after upgrading to latest Joomla release it seems like banner section became hidden, despite it is "active" in Layout section. its only aplies to Desktop mode. Its visible on mobile phone though.

I tried to troubleshoot and change different settings, toggle banner layout, recompile styles, disable custom.css completely and tried apply different themes/styles, it doesn't help. Any modules placed to banner position are not visible.

For some reason #bannerwrap has class .hidden-desktop which likely make it not visible on desktop. .
Any idea why its happens?

places.redlinia.com
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Eugene.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
hmm very odd

The source code of the site looks like this setting is enabled

banner-hidden.jpg

Can I just you are changing the right template style version? e.g. a quickstart might have several versions and it can be easy to change settings in the wrong one

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It's not enabled for sure as it was first thing I checked. And I did toggle that settings, and saved/compiled every time, but it didn't work.
Can you advice how to clean up versions? It's like something doesn't saves properly. Any way I can delete template so it choose default style?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Are you seeing any error in the browser console tab when you save?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With a template style it can either be assigned to a specific page or set as default - assigned is indicated by a tick in the template manager page

If a template style is neither assigned or set as default and not the last style it can be safely deleted in the template manager page
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Nope, no errors.
Interesting part that it shows up in Search results page (after doing any search). What template used by Search results page?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
ok If you can create a ticket with a summary of the problem - we can take a look

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok! Thank you!
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers