Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Adding Latin Extended characters to template Google fonts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

We're using Gazetta for a magazine site in Montenegro that will have English and Serbian/Montenegrin language articles. That means using the Latin Extended A characters in order to get the full Serbian Latin alphabet. For speed, we don't want to declare the whole of the font's character set because it's much larger than we need.

How do we add that subset to the template? Right now we have Open Sans:400:latin in the field "Google Font - Body" but we don't know the syntax for adding additional subsets and our experiments haven't worked. What I think we need to do is somehow declare both Latin and either Latin Extended or Latin Extended A as well. Attachment below for explanation/clarity.

I saw that this question came up in the more recent Ecolife template's forum, but unfortunately for Miljan and I, that thread ends in a ticket being opened, so it was a dead end. But maybe the thread will jog your memory for the solution.

Thanks for the help!
Sully
  • Sully
  • Free Extensions
  • 46 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Sully,
Sounds like an interesting possibility that we haven't tested for. Your attachment hasn't loaded here - could you perhaps reattach and I'll investigate?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Sorry about that, Anthony. Here's another attempt:

77CD8AE26859BDF4D3231DD56EF24B6CF3192D6209FC179587pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
  • Sully
  • Free Extensions
  • 46 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sully,

Sorry it's taken time to get back here.

I've just added this as the font family:

Open+Sans::greek-ext,latin

And the fonts seem to load ok. Do you have some sample text that you are trying to render so I can test against that?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers