Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Strange behavior with the stack

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

yep, it's me again,

I'm trying to add a ZT2 Stacked view of some stock photos on my website and I'm having some issues.

First, the stack isn't showing up regardless of which position or page i put it on.
Second, when the stack is assigned and not showing up, the scrolling of the page is messed up, performing some strange shaking. I'll leave the stack published on the sign in page (which you won't see) until noon tomorrow. Please respond before then.

Thanks,
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can you remind me of the link for the site?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I don't know what happened, but I came in this morning and checked it and saw that the module was marked as unpublished, though I don't remember un-publishing it. Though it was listed as unpublished, I was still seeing the strange shaking or bouncing when I tried to scroll. Going again to the back-end, I published the module and it showed up and the shaking stopped.

I've now moved the stack to the home page.

If you want to look yet, the url is alsutah.com
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
side question about the stack... is there a place to change the opacity of the images displayed therein?

Thanks,
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
As an update to this that doesn't seem to be directly related to the stack, I'm still seeing the shaking issue when scrolling. This wasn't an issue until I started putting the stack on that page, but now the stack isn't even assigned to that page. Any ideas?
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
After poking around again, I've found that this seems to only happen when the window is maximized. Perhaps it doesn't have anything to do with the stack itself, but rather with trying to scroll on a page that is not long enough to need scrolling when the window is maxed. Maybe those specifics are just an idea for what may be causing this.

I'm running Chrome (I assume latest general) on windows 8 and windows 10 (though, I don't think that matters).

The url is: alsutah.com

Thanks,

Edit: yep, I think this is when the window, being tall enough to need no scrolling on the page, is scrolled. I put the window to the side of my screen, which is tall enough to not need scrolling and when I try scrolling, it bounces.
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Josh Gust.
This can happen when the sticky navigation kicks in and the page content isn't quite long enough

I can't see this when I view the site as the page is quite long

Are you still seeing this behaviour now?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I see this specifically on the "Log in" page of the site.

URL: alsutah.com
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
It's a problem with all sticky navigations and there isn't really a technical solution as such - they all need a trigger point to activate

Are you able to assign a module to make the page taller?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers