Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How to display a ZT2 list in an Accordion item?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have some categorized articles that I would like to display in a list, but I want the list to be collapsible in the accordion where the accordion item is the category title.

Any help wit something like this? Or for a better way to get minimalist style for these lists?

Thanks!
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can I just check you want an accordion inside an accordion?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Not exactly, I want to get something like a list inside an accordion. I was thinking about using Joomla articles as the content source, to act as the list, but I couldn't get the category of the articles to be the accordion title.

Using the joomla categories as the content type displays the titles correctly, but I then only get the image and intro text of the category itself and not the articles in that category.

I don't know if this is possible with ZT2. It's a powerful module but its not quite flexible enough with how I can assign different attributes of the content to different parts of the modules. I think right now the inflexibility comes from the paradigm used to assign content.

I have looked a little into K2 but haven't taken the plunge to try and see what it really has to offer by way of organizing my content for the ZT2 framework.
  • Josh Gust
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 27 posts
I'll need to ask the developers on this regarding displaying the category title and articles

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by manh.
Hi Josh,

Basically the Accordion needs the title to be used as the trigger for the accordion. That's the item that makes sense when it comes to showing a list of topics in a faq as an example.

The category content source is used to reference the actual categories and not the items themselves eg cars vs ford fiesta, porsche 911 etc

So to display items based on their category you need to select Joomla as the source then on the content tab select the categories option and you can filter items based on their category.

If I wanted to display a list of items that were not tied to content I would just add the list to the content item int he introtext and then use the title > introtext as tags in the zentools layout area.

If you wanted to display a list of content items per category in an accordion you would need to choose Joomla categories as the source. Add title and introtext to the layout and then in the description for the category add the list of items there.

If you wanted to automate adding items from a category then you could load another module in the category description using the {loadposition mypositon} syntax. That would load any module assigned to the myposition position where you could for instance have a Zentools module with a list layout set to display the last 5 items for that category. It's a little bit inception but that may work for what you need.

Your comment has though made me think of the grouped layout which group;s item per category in a grid. There is no reason why we cant add an accordion layout like that but that wont happen in the short term. ive added it to my todo list.
Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers